• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permissions

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to a Windows 11 laptop and installed Elements 2024. I have synchronised my photo archive in my iphone using iCloud Drive and can see the files using Explorer. When I open them, however, I get an error: "You don't have permission to open this file." The error appears as a small window over the image just openned and can be closed but it returns after a few seconds. All files imported from icloud react the same way when openned. If I import them into Elements, however, they appear normally without the error window. Is there anything I can to to avoid the error window. I have checked the properties of each file and they seem to give full access. Can you advise?

TOPICS
Bug , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PSE does require import into the Organizer. That tells the app which photos/folders to manage. You can use a pictures folder, an external drive or NAS.

You can either select & export from your phone photos app which will include any editing done in Apple Photos. Alternatively you can export as unmodified originals and then import those copies into Organizer and in order to use the PSE Editor tools.

Before importing into Organizer you may wish to switch off cloud sync in PSE preferences otherwise you will have the same images in the Adobe cloud and Apple cloud.

PS it’s not recommended using your email address as your screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines