Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Editor font size

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just bought my Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021. However, the font size of the different commands on the screen is very small. How do I increase this?

Regards

Per Jostein Hovde

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per,

There are a number of different ways to try and solve this issue:

1. Edit > Preferences > Displays & Cursors > High Density Displays > UI Scale Factor = Large - 200%

Personally, I find this to be a poor solution as my display density is too low for such scaling, so a lot of the interface cannot fit on the screen, but it might work for you.

2. Start > Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout > Display resolution = choose a lower resolution

On my laptop, going from the default 1920 x 1080 down to 1280 x 720 makes Elements look great - everything else looks rubbish though. If you live and breathe in Elements then this might be an acceptable permanent solution, but if you use it only occasionally you might want to just adjust your display resolution temporarily.

3. In the File Explorer go to C: Program Files > Adobe > Photoshop Elements 2021 and find the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe application. Right-click on the icon or filename and choose Properties. Select the Compatibility tab, and under Settings click the Change high DPI settings button. Under High DPI scaling override, click the checkbox next to Override high DPI scaling behavior. Then select System in dropdown menu for Scaling performed by: Click OK to close that dialog, then Apply before you test whether this works for you.

I find this solution works well for very old versions of Elements, but is not acceptable in the case of Photoshop Elements 2021. The font-size is still small and the interface becomes very blurry, but it's something else you might want to try out.

In the end, after finding Photoshop Elements' sister product Premiere Elements to be even more affected by this issue, I gave up and bought a new pair of prescription glasses. That's a bit extreme but one I'm now very happy with 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Phil DC,

Thank you very much! That worked, but I miss the possibility to choose values between 100 % and 200 %.

Regards

Per Jostein Hovde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines