• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos display out of order

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making my first photobook but when I share/export it to my hard drive as jpegs the photos display in wrong order. that is, from 0 to 9 are ok then on 10 I get 1 then when i get to 20 i get 2.etc. can anyone explain what I have done wrong or what to do to correct this. using Elements 2018 on win 11.

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

In Windows, file names are sorted in alphanumeric order.  This means that 11 will appear before 2,  110 will appear before 55.  If I understand you correctly, you need to put leading zeros in your files names.  The number of leading zeros depends on the total number of files you want to sort.  So, if you have less than a hundred files, you only need one leading zero.   If you follow that protocol FileName 01.jpg will appear before FileName 11.jpg and FileName 99.jpg.  If you have more than a hun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Windows, file names are sorted in alphanumeric order.  This means that 11 will appear before 2,  110 will appear before 55.  If I understand you correctly, you need to put leading zeros in your files names.  The number of leading zeros depends on the total number of files you want to sort.  So, if you have less than a hundred files, you only need one leading zero.   If you follow that protocol FileName 01.jpg will appear before FileName 11.jpg and FileName 99.jpg.  If you have more than a hundred files, you will need two leading zeros, e.g. FileName 001.jpg and so forth.

If this doesn't solve your problem, we need more details about exactly what you are doing to share/export the files to your hard drive and where the files are out of order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines