• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2015 license deactivation on a PC that has been lost

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we have a user that has been set up with a new computer and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2015 that they had licensed on their old computer (which has since been wiped out before the software was properly deactivated). The problem is they are now getting a pop up saying that the serial number is already in use by maximum allowed computers and that we must deactivate another computer first before we can use the product again.

I saw on an online Adobe support article that I could contact Adobe Support directly to have them fix this.
I have already contacted Adobe support directly about this, but they were unable or unwilling to solve this problem directly, and instead directed me here to post this for a solution. I advised Adobe support I was a little unsure how community members would be able to fix a licensing issue when it almost certainly needs to be done by an Adobe employee instead, but they insisted that the problem could be fixed here. So here I am

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you surmise, this is a user-to-user forum and we have no ability to resolve an activation issue other than to tell you that Adobe Support is required to deactivate a license for any version of Elements.  Unfortunately, some members of Adobe Support continue to give this misinformation to users.  Go back to Adobe and be persistent.  If necessary ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you kindly! Will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines