Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop Elements 2021 Editor does not launch anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After successfully using PSE 2021 for a few weeks, not the Editor doesn't launch anymore. 

Any idea how to fix this? 

Thank you  very much for your help. 

I use a Macbook Pro 2018 with macOS Mojave, 10.14.6 (18G7016)

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the program. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please confirm the below details:

1. Is your Product Activated?

2. Do you see the Blue Color Splash Screen when you try to launch the Editor?

3. Have you tried launching it from Inside the Applications Folder -> Photoshop Elements 2021 -> Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor

4. Have you tried rebooting your system?

5. Please check if Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor is already running in Activity Monitor, if Yes -> Please kill it and then try again.

Regards

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.2.3.4.5. - yes to all your questions. Like I mentioned above, 

only uninstall and reinstall fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@VipinGupta 

See also:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-2021-editor-doesn...

I think you should rather suspect an issue linked with the new feature to use the Creative Cloud desktop in PSE2021.

In my case, I aldready have a subscription. The first time the editor refused to open, the Creative Cloud also refused with an error. Rebooting enabled me to log in again. However I had to uninstal and reinstal PSE like @kandy_kan .

I would not be surprised if other PSE2021 users did uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop. There does not seem to be a difference between Win or Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines