• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 Editor does not launch anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After successfully using PSE 2021 for a few weeks, not the Editor doesn't launch anymore. 

Any idea how to fix this? 

Thank you  very much for your help. 

I use a Macbook Pro 2018 with macOS Mojave, 10.14.6 (18G7016)

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up and ordered the PSE 2022 upgrade (but not the combo with Premiere Elements, which I wouldn't use anyway). Adobe charged the usual $80 upgrade fee instead of a more reasonable amount for PSE 2021 users, who both Adobe and Apple have basically flipped off. If I did not have so much invested in the PSE Organizer environment and the Mac/iPhone systems, I would flip them off in response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can get it to work, if it does, is to restart the iMac, go to my applications folder through finder, click on the Organizer, then click on editor from there.  If I close it I have to do the whole routine again to open it back up. I have been a PSE user since it first came out.  Maybe it's time to look at an alternative?

HEY ADOBE, DO YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS AT ALL?  OR IS IT JUST OUR $$$$$ YOU CARE ABOUT????!!???!!!!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I am angry. Adobe's latest outrage on PSE 2021 users is a sale I just saw online today that lists PSE 2022 for $70 -- ten dollars less than I paid days ago. No special announcement to existing customers that I am aware of. Talk about insult! PSE 2022 may be the last purchase I ever make from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using 2020 on Windows 10 (x64).  I can launch the Editor maybe 4-5 times, but after that it it doesn't launch.  I have tried restarting Photoshop, but it still doesn't come up.  It usually comes back if I reboot.  Uninstalling/reinstalling is not an option since I don't want to run the risk of losing pictures or reconfigure all the libraries.  This thread was started in 2021 and I think Adobe should provide their customers with a real solution.  Someone mentined that it was an issue with the Cloud and I can believe that.  However, I shouldn't be depending on the Cloud to edit my software and it is not something I chose.  Adobe needs to come up with a real solution that doesn't include me upgrading to a new version (unless it is free) or reinstalling anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm on aMacBookAir, Monterey 12.2.1. Can no longer use PSE 2021. I installed and reinstalled it and that worked a couple of times, but no more. I do get the splash screen but can't open PSE. Very annoying. Organizer opens, but that doesn't help. Adobe, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am 20 min into an online chat with someone named Justin at Adobe help center. His wonderful advise to this problem is to buy a new version and pay the monthly license because Photoshop Elements 2021 is no longer supported. $100 down the drain and I've owned the software less than 12 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to the above miserable Adobe customer support experience. I called the 800# line and a different, infinitely more capable and cordial support team member fixed my problem by simply updating my OS to Monterey 12.3.1. Would have saved me and the new support person 1.25 hours if "Justin" had simply suggested I try this and reach back out if it did not work. 

Thank you to Adobe for restoring my faith in your products and service. Been with you for 20+ years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines