• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 Editor does not launch anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After successfully using PSE 2021 for a few weeks, not the Editor doesn't launch anymore. 

Any idea how to fix this? 

Thank you  very much for your help. 

I use a Macbook Pro 2018 with macOS Mojave, 10.14.6 (18G7016)

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin - Since updating my Intel iMac to Monterey 12.1 yesterday I have been able to launch PSE 2021 Editor multiple times without problems. (Note that I launch Organizer and then Editor manually.) Can't say the prolblem has been solved, but it seems much better -- at least for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not January 27, 2022, and there are no answers to this?  I have PSE and PRE.  PSE will not open.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem I can use PSE 2021 once then I need to reboot to use it again. I have checked in activity monitor and it is not running when I try to launch it the second time. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, launching it from the applications directory etc. And it makes no difference. I am running MacOS Monteray 12.2.1. This really isn't good enough I have only had the package less than 6 months and now it is unuseable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get to the folder you mentioned, but I noticed you have "...Elements 2022..." in your instructions.  I'm running 2021 if that makes a difference.  I've included a screenshot of what folders I see once I get to "Support Files."  I don't see /Contents/MacOS.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  I'm logged in as Administrator.  Are those folders you mentioned hidden?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Please use Elements 2021..  and inside Support files folder when you right click on the Editot.app file.. click on 'Show package contents' -> this will open a contents folder, inside which you should find the MacOS folder also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin - Me again. This method works for me on PSE 2021 in Monterey about one out of three times. As long as I leave the terminal window turned on, Editor seems to work correctly and so far Organizer can then be opened and connected normally to Editor. This is certainly not a fix but it does allow me to use PSE 2021 without restarting my iMac. Now let us hope for a proper fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve spent 35+ years in the Wonderful World of Windows and finally took the iMac plunge this past summer. I could find stuff in Windows, still learning my way in the MacOS world.

Have to fix the dishwasher now so will look at PSE later today.

Tnx.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vilpin -

I've attached the PSE 2021 log.  Note:  PSE failed to launch from a cold boot.  I had to do a Force Quit so the log could be written.  Hope it helps you.

Thanks.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully Mac and Adobe will ‘get it together’

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY ELEMENTS HAS CHOKED ON MAC! I have PS elements 2020. I can no longer upload TIFF files. Adobe Help has told me the latest IOS version Monterey 12.0.1 is not compatible with PSE. This includes PSE 2022. Specs are only macOS 10.15 or macOS 11 BUT NOT HIGHER. They suggested I downgrade to previous IOS version as they have not got around to testing with Monterey. They may find a fix for 2022 but no promises a fix coming for 2020. They suggested I download PSE 2022 trial - Also didn't work. My parting comment to Adobe help was that I have owned PSE 2020 for only 1 year and already redundant. As apple often upgrade their operating system PSE 2022 will soon be incompatible with the next newer version of IOS. WTF. This is amazingly slack from such a big company. They have not even bothered to test with the latest IOS AND they have produced such an unstable package with zero support. BE WARNED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.  Not a good advertisement for Adobe products.  

Two comments:

* You get what you pay for - this is *free* software.  

* Systems have become so amazing complex that the "continuous improvement" required to keep us coming back for more means that bugs appear as fast as they are fixed. What you get is a sawtooth graph of bugs.  You want the version with all the bug fixes, right before they send out a new upgraded release.

Time to unwind to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free? No sir. It cost me £86 in the UK. The error was happening in previous versions, and it still happens in this latest. I have been in big software development since 1980. The same fool error shouldnever keep happening. Continuous improvement does NOT mean keeping the same  flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was free I’d live with it. It was $70 in the US. Granted, it does a lot for $70, but you’d think actually starting the program would be something at the top of the list you’d want to check. But what do I know…I’m only the end user. Silly me.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch, running Monterey 12.0.1. I am having the same issues regarding PSE Editor not loading. The organizor opens just fine, with the editor - the icon just bounces up and down. I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times. Each time I'm able to open it once, but once it's closed it won't reopen. I've tried all the suggestions: uninstall/reinstall, killing it in activity monitor - all with no permanent fix. I've been a loyal PSE user since version 4 and seldom had to contact product support, but when I did I was satisfied with the help I received. However, now it seems that Apple and Adobe don't play well together, and I dont know when this issue will be resolved. I have payed for each and every version I have, including some versions of Premiere Elements. I resent someone saying the software was free and therefore we shouldn't expect too much support. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon and I can get back to enjoying my favorite hobby.

G Millard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I agree. I’ve used PSE since ver 2 in Windows with never an issue. Got my iMac this past July, bought PSE in August, and now this.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your post! That is exactly what happened to me. And, yes, I also purchased mine.
Hoping for some kind of ‘quick fix’.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try creating a shortcut to the editor by going into the Elements 2021 program and scrolling down to the Elements 2021 Editor icon.  I created this shortcut to avoid the idiotic home page.  Opening through the home page was killing my work flow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem with PSE 2021 and latest Monterey 12.1 on my Macbook Pro. Been using Elements for many years and just recently upgraded tp 2021. Previous version 2018 worked fine using Big Sur. The 2021 Elements dashboard will open, but when I click on the Editor icon it will not open. Just sits in the dock and bounces up and down until I force quit. Have tried reinstalling Elements 2021, rebooting my mac normally plus also in safe mode. The editor will not open when I selct it from within the Elements dashboard or directly from the dock.

Very frustrating when you plan to work on a project and you can not open Elements Editor.

I've read this thread but dont see an update or a solution. Can someone please confirm if Adobe is working on a fix or is there something I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomp - My problems with running PSE 2021 Editor seem to have disappeared since I updated my iMac to Monterey 12.1. However, before doing that, I tried all of the suggestions seen in previous comments without success. I was able to get things going using the Editor.exe app hidden in the Editor contents (see earlier comments), which pulls up Terminal and appears to rely on the internet connection to Adobe, but that approach was hit or miss. But, as I said before, updating to macOS 12.1 got me going again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks relhender, I did update to Monterey 12.1 about two oe three weeks ago. My Elements Editor has opened succesfully most of the time since updating, but I have been leaving Editor open and just collapsed it into my dock. Each time I shut down my Mac and restart it's hit and miss if Editor opens or not. Today was an excersize in futility after sttating my Mac and trying to open Editor. I must have spent 30 minutes shutting down and restarting normally and also restarting in safe mode (as someone suggested), force quitting the bouncing icon then doing it all over again and eventually for reasons unknown....it started!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just installed the latest OS update to Monterey 12.2 and the startup problems with PSE Editor 2021 resumed. This time I cannot use the executable app 'solution' and must -- every time -- restart my iMac. This is intolerable. I just bought the 2021 version of PSE a year ago and I should not have to buy PSE 2022 to get operability I paid for so recently. Maintenance fixes should not expire like this, especially since the code for 2022 could not have changed so much from 2021 that a fix cannot be done quickly. If I did not have so much invested in PSE Organizer, I would not ever again use Adobe products of any kind. They could at least give us a drastically reduced price for an update, not just the same proce everyone from a decade ago would pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 100% correct. This is all very ridiculous. I recently transitioned from Windows to Mac. I had been running PSE 2.0 Windows version from when it first came out up to Win10. Never failed. I go to Mac, got PSE 2021 and after the OS update, trouble. The sad thing is no one from Apple or Adobe has any interest at all in fixing this. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 100% correct. This is all very ridiculous. I recently transitioned from Windows to Mac. I had been running PSE 2.0 Windows version from when it first came out up to Win10. Never failed. I go to Mac, got PSE 2021 and after the OS update, trouble. The sad thing is no one from Apple or Adobe has any interest at all in fixing this. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. After updating to Monterey version 12.2, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 Editor will not open. Bouncing in dock. Double clicking photos in Finder, photos will not open (that used to work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines