• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 print issue with Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the print dialogue box in Photoshop and go to Advanced Settings, the options have a yellow locked symbol and nothing can be changed.  If I open the picture in Windows Photo, I can change the print options. 

Chat support didn't help.  Sent me to a link that requires registry experience which most people don't have.  Second chat support told me the Elements support team does not work on weekends..check back Monday.  

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

1. Go on the web site for the printer manufacturer and check if you have the latest driver for the printer.

2. Are trying to print from the organizer or from the editor in PSE?

3 .Have you been able to go to advanced settings in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go on the web site for the printer manufacturer and check if you have the latest driver for the printer.

2. Are trying to print from the organizer or from the editor in PSE?

3 .Have you been able to go to advanced settings in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer drivers are up to date.  I tried to print from the organizer instead of editor and I get the same problem.  I have been able to adjust the advanced settings to print in the past.  If I open the picture using Windows Photos instead of Photoshop, the print dialogue works there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can reach the advanced settings via another route.

Type "printers" in to the search box on the taskbar. Left click on your printer, then click on "Manage."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening in organizer instead of editor and receive the same error.
The printer drivers are up to date and I can adjust print options if I open
the picture with Windows photo instead of Photoshop.
Sent from Mail for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the helpful hints.  I reinstalled the printer drivers.  This time I did not setup

a wireless printer.  Don't need it.  Used the USB installation only.  Was able to change preferences

and print.  Not sure what the issue was but it seems ok now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sometimes means those are shortcuts that cannot be edited. do you have the option to create user specified print settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the helpful hints.  I reinstalled the printer drivers.  This time I did not setup

a wireless printer.  Don't need it.  Used the USB installation only. 

Was able to change preferences and print.  Not sure what the issue was

but it seems ok now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this only happened recently?  If so, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Are you using an Administrator account?  If not, try running the program as an Administrator.  (Go to the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021 folder; Right-click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file; and choose Run as administrator.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines