• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2022 - neu kaufen oder Upgrade?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo zusammen!
Ist es möglich, Photoshop Elements 2022 NEU zu kaufen und zu registrieren oder muss ich ein Upgrade von 2020 auf 2022 machen? Es ist günstiger, das Programm 2022 neu zu kaufen, statt dem teureren Upgrade.

Danke

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy a new version when you can find a better price than the usual price rebate of 20% for being a previous version user.

To be precise, the 'upgrade' price is for a full version of PSE2022, the old PSE2020 is not updated and it is still available on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 is a completely separate install to 2020. Whether it's a new version or an upgrade version, it will install into its own folder on your hard drive so that both will be available to you.

The differences between a new version and an upgrade:

• The licensing: a new version gives you two separate licenses: 2020 and 2022. Means you can give away or sell 2020 if you want to.
  • An upgrade version is an extension of your 2020 license. So you cannot sell 2020 if you want to keep 2022. They must always be together. 
  • When you reinstall the new full version 2022, you only need to enter the 2022 serial number.
  • When you reinstall the 2022 upgrade version, you always need to enter both serial numbers.
  • The price. If the new version of 2022 is cheaper then there is no value at all in buying the upgrade version,

If you can get a new version cheaper than  the upgrade then get the new full version. It's always best to have two separate licenses and it's easier to reinstall 2022 later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• When you reinstall the new full version 2022, you only need to enter the 2022 serial number.
  • When you reinstall the 2022 upgrade version, you always need to enter both serial numbers.

By @John Waller

John,

most of the time I have used the upgrade opportunity. I have never been asked to enter the old serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, Michel. That's a new one on me.

The Creative Suites always ask for two serial numbers: the upgrade and a qualifying version. I've always understood that to be the same for all perpetually licensed Adobe products. If I'm wrong on that, I stand corrected.

Having said that, there is no value in my eyes in buying the upgrade if the new version is cheaper. Two licenses are always better than one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a new one on me then.

The Creative Suites always ask for two serial numbers: the upgrade and a qualifying version. I've always understood that to be the same for all perpetually licensed Adobe products. If I'm wrong on that, I stand corrected.

Having said that, there is no value in my eyes in buying the upgrade if the new version is cheaper. Two licenses are always better than one.

By @John Waller

Totally agree that it's worth being patient and waiting a little for a time when you get the better price from big resellers or even Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for all your helpful answers! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines