• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements asking me to log in.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop Elements 12.1 on my MAC 10.9.5 for a long time. Recently it has started asking me to sign in ("Sign In Required") before opening.

I've been able to use this work around: I say "no" to signing in—the window closes...I re-open PSE...this time it opens but that same log in screen appears over top...I say "no" again-the log in window closes and now I can use PSE.

This log in process is using Adobe Application Manager. As soon as I close that log in window for the second time, the application manager quits.

This is a registered copy...not sure why it has started asking me to sign in and why I would need to sigh in anyhow.

Can anybody tell me what is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You would have to Sign in using your Adobe ID and then click on License This Software. In the licensing dialog, please enter the serial key and then you should not get the sign in dialog again and again.

Please let us know if issue still persists.

Thanks,
Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You would have to Sign in using your Adobe ID and then click on License This Software. In the licensing dialog, please enter the serial key and then you should not get the sign in dialog again and again.

Please let us know if issue still persists.

Thanks,
Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.

This sign in requirement has just started this past week. The sign in page seems to think I’m using a trial version of PSE.

I did as you asked, set up an account and logged in. The “enter serial number page" wants me to enter 6 sets of 4 numbers— 24 numbers total. My serial number is only 18 digits. I tried using these but Adobe wants 24 digits. Now what?

Also any thoughts as to why Adobe has started requiring this?

Paul Ferguson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Serial number is 24 digits only. Please refer to article Find your serial number for locating your serial number.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anwesha,

The PSE box had those 18 string of numbers above a bar code; I assumed the serial number was on the box…I assumed wrong.

Thanks for the link you provided, I recovered my serial number and everything works fine now.

Thank you for your help!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Book Pro, Big Sur 11.4 Purchased PSE 2021 direct download in Dec. 2020

Same here. What I'm not finding in searching for answers is WHY Adobe is suddenly sticking this nag at us all of a sudden. My version is registered and it's been humming along just fine. I suspect Adobe is pushing it's subscription products at us when we really have not need or interest in them. Adobe, PLEASE, cool it with the nags. Leave us in peace to enjoy the product we purchased

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It asks me to sign in but when I try I just get the circle going round. If I close the sign in I then just go to using the (PURCHASED) program. Its an annoyance to say the least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Photoshop Elements 12 is now asking me to sign-in although I purchased the program outright. This was not necessary before, so why now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines