• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Editor not opening

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Elements 21 and it was working fine, but now when I click to open the Elements Editor, it will not load. I tried reinstalling the software and that doesn't work. I'm on a Mac which is up to date. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Thank you Bob, good suggestion.

I clicked on System Preferences, then Security and Privacy, then Click on Lock to make changes, then Full Disk Access. Then I checked the boxes for Adobe Elements 2021 and Adobe Elements 2021 Organizer. Finally, I clicked on the lock again to prevent further changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've resolved the problem. It was a permissions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of others, can you explain how you resolved the permissions issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob, good suggestion.

I clicked on System Preferences, then Security and Privacy, then Click on Lock to make changes, then Full Disk Access. Then I checked the boxes for Adobe Elements 2021 and Adobe Elements 2021 Organizer. Finally, I clicked on the lock again to prevent further changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mac mini big suf is the OS.The Security and privacy did not fix the problem HELP Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mac Monterey 12.0.1  I still have same problemwith Elements 2021 as Rick3712. Made changes suggested by Correct answer by Carolyn5ECF  Still get revolving "Loading Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor Workspace" Then stops. No Workspace is loaded. Unable to use APP.

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not figure out how to initiate a followup post on a problem.

Followup to

Photoshop Elements Editor not opening

On home screen Organizer and Video Editor seem to work but Photo Editor still does the same revolving object. Should I turn to Apple for help. Was told that Apple and Adobe were working on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that on my Mac Monterey but still won't load the editing in either Elements or Elements Premier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the original question and tried everything with no success.  Just gave up and went to Affinity. Now all of a sudden (don't know from Mac updates or Adobe updates, PSE works perfectly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue with PSE 2020 on a MacBook running OSX 12.0 which was previously working ok. Setting Full Disk Access in Security and Privacy has not resolved the issue. 

When I start the app, the PSE 2020 process appears in the Mac Activity Monitor, but it then just closes before any window appears.

I hope someone can suggest a fix.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my PC windows 10.  How do I get to the preferences permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC windows 10.  How do I get to the preferences permissions?

By @MWG photo

See here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+permissions&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS776US776&oq=windows+10+permis...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE22 on a Win10 machine also and this does not resolve the issue unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt work for me .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up calling support.  They had to do a remote fix.  I'm fairly techy, but this was more complicated than expected so I'd recommend you do the same.  Didn't take long and I wasn't on hold long at all from what i recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a PC and, like many others, suddenly photoshop elements stopped (photo editor) - although Premiere Video Editor worked fine, although it took a long time to open. It's unfortunate that these programs feel deliberately crippled and terrible UI as an incentive to upgrade to a monthly subscription.

I have plenty of ram 64GB, disk space, processing power, etc. Photoshop Elements 2020 just stopped working and must use this organizer. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines