• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements keeps changing my image size

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start a new project and enter image size 5.25W x 3.625H.....photoshop changes it to 5.25W x 3.627

When I go in and try to resize it, I change it back to what I want but it wont change!

I need this particular size to order invitations from a company.

Please help me!

I have restarted me computer and photoshop elements several times but nothing changes!

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

I tried this on my computer and the same thing happens, i.e. the height is off by 0.002".

Here is what you can do:

1. Go to File>new>blank file and enter w=5.25", h=3.625", resolution 300px/in. For some reason this will be off

2. Activate the the rectangular marquee tool and on the tool's option bar, select "Fixed Size" and enter the desired dimensions

3. Drag out the rectangular box and go to Image>Crop

4. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the marching ants

5. Go to Image>resize>image size and check t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is the ppi you are using.  You probably have the ppi set to 300.  If you change it to 72 ppi, you can get your precise size.  But, I'm not sure what that will do to the quality of what you are printing.  I suggest you contact your printing company for their advice.  I imagine they can handle the slightly different size at 300 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this on my computer and the same thing happens, i.e. the height is off by 0.002".

Here is what you can do:

1. Go to File>new>blank file and enter w=5.25", h=3.625", resolution 300px/in. For some reason this will be off

2. Activate the the rectangular marquee tool and on the tool's option bar, select "Fixed Size" and enter the desired dimensions

3. Drag out the rectangular box and go to Image>Crop

4. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the marching ants

5. Go to Image>resize>image size and check the dimensions in this dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this and it still didn't work.... do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . .  You can also use the crop tool itself with a custom dimension.  The resulting ppi will be an uneven number.  So I still think you need to contact the printing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines