• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements not working when macOS updated to Monterey 12.0.1

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 & 2021 will only launch once on MAC OS 12.0.1.   If you close them, then you must restart the computer to reopen.   

Being told to downgrade to an older OS is not satisfactory and the Adobe Customer Support is terrible.  It is intentionally near impossible to navigate to a warm body to get help and actually communicate an issue. 

Adobe gets a thumbs down on this blunder. 

[Branched by moderator from a thread about the beta version of Monterey. The advice to downgrade the OS in that thread was for the unsupported beta version and does not apply to the released version. Subject edited slightly.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E20

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi because all things are in development for new version so have little patience..regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that we should be able to run elements 2022 on Monteray in the near future?

Stephen Gale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two machines running Monterey and do not see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proof?  You are the only person running Monterey that it works for then.  Running once, then having to reboot, or running it in safe mode is not "Working". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop, not Elements, since you posted in the PS forum originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the topic/issue/problem/question carefully before replying...this is about Elements 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: PSE for Monterey 12 and up, not the Photoshop you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at your case notes. Looks like you have Elements 2020 and 2021 which were developed before Monterey came out: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why on Earth has Adobe not issued an update for Monterey users?  Simply embarassing considering Beta versions of Monterey have been available to the public since at least July 1st of this year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does Adobe have any idea of when users will be able to instal and use PS Elements 2022 on their M1 macs and OS Monterey ?

I purchased the boxed version along with premier elements 2022 and it would be nice to be able to use it. 

Even a rough estimate would be helpful instead of people having to wondered if they have wasted their money because eventually we will not be able to get refunds from the sellers if it takes too long to get a fix for the "Issues"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't help for now, but it may shed some light on Monterey--- the next version, 12.1 is already in beta testing:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-12_1-release-notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a colossal waste of time and money. I bought Elements and it said MAC and Windows. If it doesn't work on Monterey 12 and up, fix the issue and also, edit the label on the boxed version being sold...sneaky...This is the 2022 version after all and I cannot install it. New Mac 2022 users have no option to degrade to an older version of OS. What happened to the huge Adobe team?...never again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we need to buy 2022?! I can't afford to buy Photoshop Elements 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 

I'm not a computer geek but I found a fairly efficient work-around. My mac launches PSE 21 upon startup. I went to Settings>Users and Groups>Login Items tab and added Photoshop elements - it is listed as Photoshop.

Every time I start the computer (MacBook Pro Intel) PSE 21 automatically launches. 

Occasionally on startup the PSE icon continues to bounce forever. Click the PSE Icon>Force Quit then restart the computer - that works.

Launching on startup is not ideal, but once running, PSE 21 is a screamer on this machine. 

I spoke with Adobe support. They claim that the next version of Monterey will solve the problem - they are pointing to Mac for this malfunction and apparently are working with Mac operating system folks to solve the prob. Asked if it is an issue with PSE 22 - they said yes - so don't upgrade until the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every software company and/or App blames Apple/Mac, but they're not to blame. Companies need to get with the program...pun intended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.1 Update: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Regards,
Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is Element 2022 free to us 2021 users. Because 2021 Elements Editor will not open on my M1 MAC Mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - they dont care about licensed Adobe Elements 21 users - they just want you to pay for Elements 22. Customer service just gives you a run around instead of resolutions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update for Elements 2020 users with Monterey, or are you telling us we must upgrade to 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sorry, I but if PSE 2020, which I bought not that long ago, cannot run on Monterey, a very slightly different operating system than Big Sur, then I am done with your company. There's no reason in the world that 2020 cannot run on Monterey, especially on Intel machines, except that you guys just want to sell me a new program every year or two. Other standalone editors are simply updated by the developers, and last through several Mac operating systems. I cannot even get an answer about whether I should attempt to run 2020 if I update to Monterey. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

give up on anything older that pse 2021 running on monterey.

IF YOU HAVE MONTEREY:  Update to 12.1 and pse 2022 will work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So $100 every two years. Nope. No more Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to upgrade and save $20, if you must. Adobe makes this hard to find:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run PSE 2020 and have a desktop Mac that is running Monterey.  I have had a few issues (command C for copying does NOT work)  I just wish I knew if I can "update" my software without more issues.  Disappointing and frustrating that no one seems to address these real problems.  Apple tells me it's Adobe's problem, and Adobe... well find me someone who knows the answers and I'll gladly listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines