• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements not working when macOS updated to Monterey 12.0.1

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 & 2021 will only launch once on MAC OS 12.0.1.   If you close them, then you must restart the computer to reopen.   

Being told to downgrade to an older OS is not satisfactory and the Adobe Customer Support is terrible.  It is intentionally near impossible to navigate to a warm body to get help and actually communicate an issue. 

Adobe gets a thumbs down on this blunder. 

[Branched by moderator from a thread about the beta version of Monterey. The advice to downgrade the OS in that thread was for the unsupported beta version and does not apply to the released version. Subject edited slightly.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E20

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop Mac that is running Monterey - the Photo Shop Elements
2020, 2021 and 2022 DOES NOT WORK. The support at Adobe claimed that the
2022 does work - it does not. Because the Photo Shop Elements 2022 doesn't
work with Monterey, I am using the Apple Infinity - it's OK, but not as
user friendly as the photo shop. Apparently Adobe doesn't care that their
product is not compatible with Monterey or they would do something to fix
it. If I want to use the Photo shop elements, I have to go to my old
computer to use the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates in Help is grayed out, if I try turning off automatic updates, I don't get the bell icon shown, I see that there is a 2022.3 update available now that fixes the launch problem with Monterey 12.3 and they are up to 12.3.1 now. Isn't there an available downloadable 2022.3 updater I can use? This is getting frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you check your build number, it is possible that the update might have automatically installed.

Or you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the applcation using the installer present here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They dont care about licensed Adobe Elements 21 users - they just want you to pay for Elements 22. Customer service just gives you a run around instead of resolutions 

We should all reach out to Apple and let them know how Adobe is advocating for users to downgrade their OS and in my case told me to use a windows based computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably time to be done with Adobe. They are just too slippery, and their once-decent customer service has gone to the dogs to boot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2022 PHOTO EDITOR will not open - macOSMonterey. I have dumped it and reloaded it several times over the past several weeks (Dec 2021-January 2022). Once in a great while, Photo Editor will open, but at least 99% of the time it will not. Adobe support is TOTALLY worthless and cannot fix the problem. Photoshop Elements editor used to work beautifully, but NO MORE. Adobe has totally fallen down on the job to provide a reliable product. Photoshop Elements 2022 that is supposed to work on macOSMonterey is a total piece of garbage. They tried to blame Apple for the problem, but Apple has nothing to do with fixing the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 for compatibility with Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone aware of another photo organizer that will convert files and tags (e.g., location, people) created in Elements to their application? I am looking for a replacement to Adobe Elements 2020. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use the free Gimp and Corel Paintshop Pro if that helps. Gimp is great for free software. I forget if either uses tags. I can check later.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer"??? We cannot access the organizer if we cannot install the software it in the first place? Right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo shop elements 2022 or any other version DOES NOT OPEN OR WORK with Monterey - no matter what Adobe says. Until Adobe fixes the compatibilty problem, do not purchase 2022 if you have Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hundreds, if not thousands of users would disagree with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of what version of Elements you have, the organizational parts of Lightroom Classic and Bridge are free to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2021.  It will not open.  I get a message "Adobe Photoshop cannot run on this computer becuse the minimum system requirement is Mac OS X version. Good god, I am on a Mac running Monterey 12.5.1...definitetly not windows.  I do not have the luxury of purchasing a new version of Photoshop Elements everytime it comes up with a new version.  I am just sick.  What am I supposed to use to edit my photos?  iPhoto?  I threw my money down the drain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting so frustrating. Elements 2021 on MacOS Monterey has been running for six months with no problems. It did have previous issues with requiring me to sign in all the time. Now today it starts again. It wants me to sign in. If I don't I have to re-register software. I don't need to stay signed in as I don't use any Cloud features. If I stay signed in it runs; if I signout I have to re-register. I ran Elements13 for years through multiple OS changes and upgrades. No problem. Adobes solution was to purchase 2022 and Apple doesn't appear to want to solve the problem. I don't know why all of a sudden this started again....so angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stay signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That's a solution but I didn't have to before. If I'm not using any cloud services I don't see why I have to stay logged in. The program has been installed. No need to login to Adobe. Who knows what they are monitoring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines