Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Phto Editor 2021 (trial version) is closing

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

Photoshop Editor in Elements 2021 doesn't run. In fact, when I clic on the Photo Editor Icon in the Photoshop Elements windows, a little wheel appears rotating with this text following: "Loading working space of Photoshop Elements Editor...". I see Photo Editor launching, opening briefly the Editor and closing. Then a windows open asking me which version of Photoshop Elements 2021 I have. Then I clic on the trial version option, and only the little wheel continue running with this text following: "Loading working space of Photoshop Elements Editor...". After maybe 20 seconds, that disappear, letting Photoshop Elements windows open.

I work on a laptop Fujitsu T734 with Windows 10 version 1909 64 bits and an Intel i7-4702MQ CPU de 2,2 GHz. I know that the minimal CPU required is Intel 6th Generation, but I tried it. Can it be the problem? Every other component of Elements seems working, like Organizer. I use already Photoshop CC 2014, Bridge version 6.0.0.151 x64, and Acrobat Pro DC. My SSD has 28G available. There had no recent update of the system. The antivirus is Windows Defender.

I tried to launch the Photo Editor from Elements windows, from Organizer windows, and directly in cliking on the title "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" in the folder of Photoshop Elements 2021. Also, I deleted preferences by holding down the Alt, Shift, Ctrl keys immediately after launching the exe file. Finally, I uninstalled and installed again Photoshop Elements 2021.

I include here the specs of my system and I run the Log Colector tool to share the logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lwxcarhla5tbyi/AdobeLogs_20201026_051237_297-win.zxp?dl=0

Is someone can give me a cue to resolve the problem, please?

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Adobe has always understated their system requirments for a positive editing experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the cue.

I updated manualley from the video card manufacturer’s site the Intel Graphic driver, but Photoshop Editor still doesn't stay open. 😞

What else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My SSD has 28G available

That is likely the issue.  You need more room for system and temp files.

Is that your only drive?

How large is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main SSD drive on my laptop has precisely 33.5 GB left, but has 250 GB of capacity. I have also an external hard drive of 450 GB for backup. Now than Phtoshop Element 2021 is installed, how GB do it need to run it, including Organizer and Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have about 150 GB to 200 GB free space on your system drive.

You need a larger system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! I don't know how I will get enough space on my laptop. I can may be get 20 to 30 GB more on my SSD drive in deleting some softwares, but not enough to obtain 150 to 200 GB. And change my SSD for a larger only to test Photoshop Elements 2021. If finally the space of my system drive is not the problem, or if  I decide that I don't buy this software....

It's curious than Adobe ask 7.3 GB of available hard-disk space to install Photoshop Elements 2021, an additional 3 GB to download all optional content, and an additional free space required during installation, but doesn't mention the available hard-disc space to run this software.

Anyway, I must find a solution to get more space on my system, at least temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has always understated their system requirments for a positive editing experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you are right. I finally refresh my system, that give me more sytem space (120 Go). I installed Photoshop Elements 2021 trial, and the Photoshop Editor work! That lets think that free space on the system drive is important, and that Adobe effectively understated their system requirements.

But, since I refresh my system, maybe it was something else that was in conflict with Photoshop Editor in Elements (?).

Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to help me. I appreciate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry the Photoshop Elements stuck on the load error. Could you please refer to the following discussion and try the offered steps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-2019-won-t-load/td-p/10240267?p...

Let us know, how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I read the discussion of the link you suggested to me, but there is nothing new that I don't already try, like I explained on my first post here the Oct 26, 2020, except the steps in link with Mohave system that I have not. Unless you think to something that I didn't mention in my post here of the Oct 26, 2020. Do you?

According to you, is the 33.5 GB, which remains on my in internal SSD, sufficient to run Photoshop Photo Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely.   You're fine with 33.5gb free space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines