• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Won't Install on Windows 10 Build 21H1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error message that my browser needs to be updated when attempting to install Photoshop Elements 2019 on a Windows 10 build 21H1 machine.  The software has been installed correctly on other Windows 10 machines, albeit with a lower build (usually 1909 or 20H2).  The installation of PE 2022 started correctly  (I aborted before it got too far, because I don't own a license for PE 2022), but all the copies that I own (4 total) are of PE 2019 and I don't want to have to upgrade all my licenses.

Is there any way to get PE 2019 to install correctly on the 'errant' machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Did that.  It didn't work.

Thanks for the update.

It's a shame. It has worked for so many others. Long discussion on this issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/unable-to-install-adobe-photoshop-elements-2019-on-win-10/m-p/12186914

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser do you have?

MS Edge is the latest.  IE is obsolete now.

Firefox and Chrome are also good.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome.  No luck. I had signed out on my wife's old computer, knowing I would be 'tranferring' the license to the new one, and now I can't even sign back in on hers.  Her default browser is Chrome.  Your 'more information' link on the error message tells me that only IE can be used to sign in, which is obviously bogus.  On her new computer (which is where I first saw the issue), I even 'recovered' the machine to put it back in 'pristine' condition - build 2004.  Still no luck.

I own multiple copies of Photoshop Elements 2019, because I have it installed on more than 2 computers (three desktops and two laptops, to be exact).  I do not want to have to upgrade all those machines at my own expense just because Adobe has no fix for this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it may sound counter-intuitive,  try installing the Creative Cloud desktop app first. No need to sign up for a plan.

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud

Then try installing Elements.

That has worked for people running Win 11. See if it works for Win 10 21H1 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know:  I ‘retrofit’ a test machine with build 1909 of Windows 10 and got the same error when trying to install Photoshop Elements 2019.  In my opinion, this only proves that Adobe has intentionally deprecated the ability to install older versions of this software in an attempt to force the purchase of newer versions.  This isn’t just annoying, it represents a callous disregard of your users and purchasers of Adobe software.

I should be able to install any product that I own on any version of a supported operating system, for as long as I want, without being forced to upgrade at my own expense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as additional information: in preparation for 'moving' the license from one computer to another, I signed out of the photo editor on the old computer, which basically killed the license on that computer (I can no longer open the photo organizer either).  I can no longer sign back in on the old computer, I get the same error message that the browser or OS are no longer supported and need to be updated.  That makes the installed software on the old computer totally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

It's a shame. It has worked for so many others. Long discussion on this issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/unable-to-install-adobe-photoshop-elem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just bite me.  Turns out I needed to buy a temporary subscription to Adobe Cloud, install Creative Cloud desktop, start the install of Photoshop (not Elements), abort the install of Photoshop at about 50%, and then Elements would install.  Now I just need to cancel my monthly subscription, because I don't need it.

HOWEVER: All this goes back to my point that Adobe is NOT tuned in to the needs of the casual user.  I purchased perpetual licenses (yes, plural) to Photoshop Elements because it was all I needed, and it's still all I need. A perpetual license should allow me to install the software in perpetuity on any machine for which I can free up a license, as long as the OS is supported.  Adobe has (callously, in my opinion) made it much more difficult to do that without upgrading the version of the software; PE 2022 installed without issue when I tried it. For the number of licenses I need, that is not an inconsequential expense that I shouldn't have to incur. Granted, I was finally able to install the software, but how many non-technical people (I am retired IT) would be stymied by all this, and simply plunk out their hard-earned money to upgrade when it really isn't necessary or desired?

I realize that, at the tender age of 75, I run the risk of being labelled a cranky old man, so I'll get off my soapbox now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below. Click on Manage Plan.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines