• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop windows reset upon closing and opening?

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered this annoying problem and no idea how to fix it. I use PS elements 8.0 and haven't had problems with it, but for some reason as of tonight every time I close PS and open it, the panels reset and change position.

The one on the left is how it always is when I open it the effects and layers both display normally upon opening. For some reason as of tonight its doing the one on the right. No matter how many times I open the effects section whenever I close and open it it returns to being closed. I haven't edited the settings.

Does anyone know how to fix this? this is incredibly annoying at worst but I'd rather have it open and I can't figure out how to do so. I have to drag the layout to where I had it before every. Single. Time.

the "save panel location" buttons is checked and still refuses to save my location.

PS1.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit: it is now resetting every time I minimize photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cynderthedragon5768 wrote:

edit: it is now resetting every time I minimize photoshop.

Hi

You are using Photoshop Elements, which is a different application than Photoshop. I'll move your post to the Photoshop Elements forum for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Elements 8 installed on my machine, but I do have versions 4 and 10.  Under the Window menu, version 4 has the option to Reset Palette Locations and version 10 has the option to Reset Panels.  I assume version 8 has one or the other.  I suggest choosing it and organizing the panels to your liking and see if the layout sticks.  I don't know if this will work for you but it is worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! thank you, I seem to have fixed the issue with the panels hiding themselves by clicking "expand" and them minimizing but I'm suddenly having other issues with my PS elements 8.0

It's saving slower, and when I click the X to exit it freezes the screen. It also crashed by itself today, and I hardly never have crashes.

I tried deleting temp files and it did nothing. I can't find anyone else with this same experience. I haven't edited my PC or PS settings so I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 8 is 13 years old.  I don't like to spend other people's money, but it may be time for you to upgrade if your computer meets the latest technical requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is not helpful to my original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Cynderthedragon5768, your original question in this thread has apparently been resolved.  You have (appropriately) started a discussion for your new problems, here

I am locking this thread to avoid confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines