• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please help with organizer

Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using elements 2021 on windows 10. there was a power failure at my home. Organizer will not open. I researched on what to do and I do not get the options to troubleshoot. I do not get Catalog, Optimize or Repair. I get nothing. Should I uninstal photoshop elements and download again??? What will happen to my files???

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , How to , Organizer , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Try pressing and holding a Shift key as you launch the Organizer. This will open the Catalog Manager and then you can attempt a Repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing and holding a Shift key as you launch the Organizer. This will open the Catalog Manager and then you can attempt a Repair.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, but that did not work---nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned my computer off. when I turned it back on again I tried the shift key as I tried to launch the organizer. This time it opened the organizer but did not give me an option to repair anything. But, I'm fine, at least I have the organizer again. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing and holding a Shift key BEFORE you launch the Organizer, and hold it while it launches. It will pop up the Catalog Manager. At least it does on my PSE 2020 & 2022.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after waiting awhile, it came up but there was nothing I could do. maybe I don't have to worry about anything? sending screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have said it would take a few seconds for the pop-up to appear.

You must first select a catalog before you can do anything to it. After you select it, the other buttons become live.

Screenshot-000063.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK, thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines