• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 14 does not support RAW [from Canon 250D]

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new camera (Canon 250D) and started photographing in RAW (CR3).

I tried to open a file with PE14, but it doesn't support it:

"Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document"

I read about "Camera raw plug in installer and first installed version 10.5. Later I read that the canon 250D is supported but needs minimum version 11.3 of the plugin so I installed 14.4 afterwards.

Still not working, any solutions?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find online 11.3 (just google it- whatever you find, use at your own risk) and install that.  Sometimes with older versions of the software the newest version of ACR simply won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct that you need camera raw 11.3 or newer for the Canon 250D.

What operating system are you using?

You can try the Camera Raw 11.4.1 installer from here and then follow the directions here to install the 11.4.1 camera raw so pse 14 can use it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

I have Photoshop Elements 14 installed on my computer. You can update the Camera Raw plugin to as high as v13.4 (if you can find the download), but no higher. Follow the instructions in this workaround from Adobe to update Camera Raw on your computer to v13.1. When you click on the link to download the Camera Raw installer, you'll first see the download for the current version (v14.4). It will not work in Elements 14. Scroll down a little to find the download for v13.1. Download it and continue with the instructions in the following link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

The file that you need to copy in Step 8 is "Camera Raw.8bi".

If you have problems, just post it here and I'll try to help. PS, I'm a Windows user and won't be able to help with Mac problems.

EDIT

=======

Forget this! I did some more testing and although v13.1 loads when Elements 14 starts, it does not work when you try to load a raw file.

Screenshot-000143.png

I apologize for misleading you!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the the max acr update allowed for this version?  I looked, but couldn't find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309, I found it by experimentation. I have several old versions of the ACR plugins saved. I just tried copying them into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 14\File Formats" folder one at a time. I started with v13.1 and when I got to v14.1, the Editor crashed when it started. It also crashed with the other v14s. V13.4 is the highest that would work.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a lot of work, thanks for doing the research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309, OOPS! I made a bad assumption. Although the ACR v13 plugins loaded OK when elements 14 started, I just tried and they will NOT load my CR2 RAW files. My Bad!

Screenshot-000143.png

I don't have any ACR versions older than v13.1 to try other that the v9.5 that was originally installed with it.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did some testing with pse 14 on a windows 11 system and unfortunately none of the camera raw plugins including 11.3, 11.4.1, 12.2.1, and 12.4 would work. Pse 14 just would crash or not even load the plugin with each version.

So it looks like you would need to use the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert you Canon 250D cr3 files to dng copies in order to open them in pse 14.

If you tell us the operating system you have, we can hopefully find you a dng converter that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff Arola 
More testing... ACR v10.5 does work in PSE 14 on Windows 10.

Screenshot-000146.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried version 10.5, 11.4, 13.1, 14.4.

Now also copied the file to the correct directory as this was not instructed on the page I used.

But all not working, some me the error, the other version just shuts PSE down.

Working on Windows 10 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now also found 11.3 somewhere, also not working.

Why would CR2 to DNG work?

Can you transfer a batch?

Would DNG convertor crop the image?

Pretty silly that PE14 just can't make it work itself...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just download DNG convertor and converted a RAW file to DNG

Still the same issue, can't open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conclusion from Adobe support:

Canon 250D needs camera RAW min 11.3

PE14 supports camera RAW max 9.5
So or update to a newer PE version that supports min 11.3 (2019)

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html#sa_src=web-messaging

Or DGN Convertor

DGN convertor doesn't work as said, so their reply:

Ok then stick to the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the camera raw plugin is installed for pse 14?

If you go back to the original camera raw 9.5, then the converted dng files should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually get the dng converter to convert the files and pse 14 won't open them or is it that when you point to the folder with the dng converter it says the folder is empty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to have the last raw update installed.

Now I installed rawplugin V10.5, now I can open de dng file, thanks.

Question is now, what's the best dng convertor?

I removed it last time, so don't know which one it was haha

I also have over 3000 files from recent holiday, would be great to easily convert the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10 should be able to use the newest asobe dng converter 14.5.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines