• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

print four 2x3 wallets on one sheet 4x6 photo paper

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to print four 2x3" wallets on one sheet 4x6 photo paper, with each of the wallets a different picture.  I use PSE version 15 with windows 7 64 bit.  I need step by step help on how to get the pictures into the 4x6 item.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018
  1. Crop the pictures to 2x3"
  2. Go to File>New>blank file, enter the dimensions (4x6), Resolution 240px/in, background:white. This will be your canvas, and the Background layer in the Layers palette.
  3. Open picture #1, go to Select>all, then Edit>copy to put it on the clipboard
  4. Go back to the blank file - canvas, then Edit>paste. Picture #1 should come in on a separate layer.
  5. Activate the move tool and position picture #1, and, make minor size adjustments with the corner handles, if necessary.
  6. Repeat these s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Crop the pictures to 2x3"
  2. Go to File>New>blank file, enter the dimensions (4x6), Resolution 240px/in, background:white. This will be your canvas, and the Background layer in the Layers palette.
  3. Open picture #1, go to Select>all, then Edit>copy to put it on the clipboard
  4. Go back to the blank file - canvas, then Edit>paste. Picture #1 should come in on a separate layer.
  5. Activate the move tool and position picture #1, and, make minor size adjustments with the corner handles, if necessary.
  6. Repeat these steps for pictures 2, 3 &4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1. I resized the pictures to 2x3 proportion, not actual size. Is that right ?

Step 2 What is the document type It changes to “custom” when I type in the dimensions in inches. the size field won’t open, resolution 240, background white

Step 3 I opened picture # 1 and did all actions

Step 4 When I did edit>paste, it covered up the canvas and it too big to see edges.

What did I do wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open picture #1, then go to Image>Resize>Image size. Read what the resolution is in px/in. Do nothing else here and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

989.667 px/in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate the crop tool, and enter w=2", h=3" if your pic is in portrait orientation, resolution 240px/in, then crop and proceed as above. Obviously, you have a size restriction if you are determined to fit all four on your paper stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and got the same problem. After I paste, the image is bigger than the canvas, Not bigger oin the screen, but not all of the image shows up on the canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have 5 layers. Background and 4 layers, one for each picture. Use the move tool to position the pictures, and resize them with the corner handles of the bounding box which surrounds each picture withe the move tool still engaged. Be sure that you are working on the appropriate layer.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand layers. I am in the editor.  I have five things in the “open files” part of my screen at the bottom.  I have one white image and the 4 pictures.  If I put the cursor on the white image and press the crop tool, it says 4 x 6 in.  If I hit the “layers” button it says “background” on the upper right part of my screen.  If I click on one of the picture files and hit crop, it says 2 x 3 in.  If I then hit the layers button, the upper right side of my screen shows that picture bit it also says “background”.  So, I think I have only one layer, but I’m not sure.

How many layers do you think I have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the link you sent and now I am more lost than ever.  From what I have told you, how many layers do I have?  And if I only have one, how do I create the layers for each picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As delineated above in a prior post, you should have 5 layers. The background layer which you created via File>new>blank file, and 4 layers with the pictures.

Open the blank file, then paste the first pictures  (Edit menu>Paste), and you should now have 2 layers.

Paste the second picture, and you should have 3 layers

Paste the third picture and you should have 4 layers

Paste the fourth picture, and you should have 5 layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  on the show open files section at the bottom of the screen, I have the white background image and 4 images of the four pictures.  tell me how to select the background layer and then paste one of the pictures into it.  Please, keystroke by keystroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just noticed that if I use the crop tool on any one of the 5 images at the bottom of the screen it changes all 5 images to the new crop dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines