Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

PS Elements will not fully load with Windows 11

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from a Windows10 PC to a Windows 11 PC.

I uninstalled PS Elements from the W10 PC to the W11 PC. PS Elements 19 started to load normally but did not finish.

I got a message stating that third party items (Or words to that effect) would not load and PS Elements would not run.

I uninstalled PSE from the W11 PC and installed it back to the W10 PC. It installed normally and I was able to use PSE.

Can anybody explain why I have this difficulty? 

Is it a Windows 11 issue or a block of the third party items or something else?

I installed on both computers using the original disc that I bought from Adobe.

Norm 9704

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there was a problem with third-party plug-ins, you can press the Shift key when launching the Editor and you will be given the opportunity to disable them, which should allow the program to start.  If that isn't the problem, we need to have a more precise description of the error message.  A screenshot is most helpful.

Since you have been installing/uninstalling on multiple computers, it is also possible that you did not properly sign out of the program on one of the computers and you have therefore exceeded the activation limit.  If this sounds like an error message you have received, then the solution is to contact Adobe Support and tell them to reset all activations for the license.  However, so far, you have not described such an error message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, thanks. I will try that. Norman

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I tried installing PSE 11 again on the Windows 11 computer and this time I did not get the error messsge. I looked for the Editor to hold down the shift key, but could not find the Editor. I have the PSE 11 now installed on my new Windows 11 laptop computer but PSE does not open when I double click on it. The shortcut Icon is displayed but will not open and I get no error message, so there is no useful screenshot that I can send to you. I am stumped. Can you help? Norman

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening it directly from the exe file in Program Files (right click and Run as administrator).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob. I went to C: program files (c86)>Adobe>photoshop elements 11>  but there was no exe file there. What else could I try? Norman

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall all Adobe, use the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines