Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

PSE 2019 unable to find faces. [was: Abe]

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Elements 2019. When I try and use "Open Closed Eyes" and "Adjust Facial Features" I get a message "No Faces Can Be Found etc. There are definitely faces in this picture. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There are certain scenarios wherein the face detection in Open Closed Eyes as well as Adjust Facial Features fails to detect faces. The reason for the same could be attributed to one of the following factors:

1. The face is a side face or it is somewhat tilted

2. Some part of the face is cropped or covered

3. The face isn't properly illuminated

To ensure that the face gets detected, please do the following before using Open Closed Eyes/Adjust Facial Features:

Additionally, it would be great if you could share the image with me via personal message. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Thanks,

Medha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I’m attaching one of the photos I’m having trouble with. You will note it is face on.

Abe

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The attachment seems missing. Please refer to this thread to view the detailed steps for posting images/videos.

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Thanks,

Medha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. I have a family photo with one person's eyes closed. It's only finding one face in the whole photo. Can anyone help? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Alyssa27176627gccq, I am able to find all of the faces in your photo with Elements 2019.

Snap_2022.11.16_23h22m25s_003.png

Go to Edit>Preferences>Performance and see whether the box is checked for using Graphics Processor for Adjustng Facial Features.

Snap_2022.11.16_23h23m54s_004.png

Edit: To be more accurate, I was able to find all of the faces in the Open Closed Eyes dialog, but not all of the children in the Adjust Facial Features dialog.

Snap_2022.11.17_0h59m17s_005.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines