• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 printing issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to print a collage.  Am getting the error "the following image will be rendered at less than 300 dpi at the requested print size" from PSE. (8x10).  Each part was resized to 300 resolution.  Want to get into digiscraping, but this is slowing me down.

TOPICS
Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

dpi refers to dots/inch/ This value is determined by your printer.

ppi refers to pixels/inch. This value can be adjusted readily in Photoshop Elements. The rule of thumb for printing  is that it is desirable to have the resolution in the 240-300px/in range, although I have printed successfully at a lower value. For web work, 72px/in is ok.

As for the prompt which you reference relating to less than 300 dpi, this shows up from time to time. Simply ignore it and proceed to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dpi refers to dots/inch/ This value is determined by your printer.

ppi refers to pixels/inch. This value can be adjusted readily in Photoshop Elements. The rule of thumb for printing  is that it is desirable to have the resolution in the 240-300px/in range, although I have printed successfully at a lower value. For web work, 72px/in is ok.

As for the prompt which you reference relating to less than 300 dpi, this shows up from time to time. Simply ignore it and proceed to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Had I known, I would have saved myself a lot of grief. Glad to know it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue when I print 8X10 - printer says 300 dpi but photo is like 3-5 MP. It prints okay but no where near perfect or like on PC screen. Any ideas? At 5X7 no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the resolution of the photofile in px/in?

Have you calibrated your monitor? The default monitor settings are frequently set too bright. Thus, when you enhance the picture in PSE, monitor view and the print are at variance.

Other variables come in to play as well: Type of paper, ink quality, the printer itself.  I use an Epson printer and have best results with Epson branded paper & ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines