• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 not responding

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I thought it was related to launching videos in the Organizer, but when I try to backup the catalog it hangs and eventually I get a message that the program is no longer responding. This has happened repeatedly. Looked for online help, tried to optimize and then repair catalog -- both failed with the no longer responding message.

My PC is a Windows 11 running the latest version.

How can I fix this please?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just because you are seeing a program not responding message doesn't mean that the program is not continuing to do its work behind the scenes.  Take a look in Task Manager and look for any sign of activity next to the Elements processes.  Repairing and optimizing a large catalog can take quite a while and it is not unusual to see a not responding message. 

What is the original problem you are trying to fix with the catalog repair?  Sometimes, trying to play a large video file in the Organizer can take a while for the player to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines