• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 Slideshow - max. number of photos

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The maximum number of elements for a slideshow is limited to 250 elements in Elements 2019.

Does anyone know, if this limit has been increased in PSE 2020 or 2021? 

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

The limitation remains 250 media files in Elements 2021 and the slideshow can be exported to an mp4 file.  If you want more than that, I suppose you could create two or more slideshow exports for your different files and then combine the mp4 files using some freely available utilities.  In fact, you can even do that using Windows' Photos App.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add: to be more specific, I'd like to create slideshows with up to 500 slides (mostly photos) with a duration of up to 60 minutes and finally export to mp4 movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limitation remains 250 media files in Elements 2021 and the slideshow can be exported to an mp4 file.  If you want more than that, I suppose you could create two or more slideshow exports for your different files and then combine the mp4 files using some freely available utilities.  In fact, you can even do that using Windows' Photos App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the reply, Greg! No benefit for an upgrade to PSE2021 just for this reason. I already had in my mind creating two slideshows and combine them. The only point is how it will match with the audi (background music) at the end of part 1 / begin part 2, but I'll have to try that.

Regarding combining I'm very happy with the good old DOS commend 'copy /b' using in a CMD window. It perfectly combines several mp4 into one without new rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we request from Adobe to increase the limit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No idea, where/how to send oiut such a request. I'm just user...

For those, truggling with the same issue - here's my workaround, doing it pretty well for me:

• create one or more (<250 pictures) slideshows (with pictures only) with one of the themes, no music, no title page, no picture text and export to video on local disc.
  • Import the video file(s) into Premiere Elements video editor
  • Optional: Extend the time of the clip(s) to have longer view time per picture (default time / picture is to short for me). Instead of 100% I prefer to use 70% for longer time/picture - resulting in an average of ~6 sec./picture over the  whole clip.
  • Optional: if you have any video sequences to go into the final slideshow, insert them now in between the video sequences
  • Add titles/text to pictures. By doing that via Elements, the text is longer visible, often over 1 1/2 pictures... better for reading. (in slideshow editor, it's just the one slide)
  • If the slideshow should have audio, add it here in a much more convenient way than via the slideshow creator
  • Create/export final slideshow ...

Request to Adobe would be

1.  slideshow with more than 250 elements
  2.  display time adjustment (100% = adobe default; e.g. 70% = 30% slower)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines