• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2022: old addons don´t work and: different CameraRaw versions ?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I bought a new camera (Nikon D7500) and my old CameraRaw 6.x (Photoshop Elements 9 (2011)) can´t process the new Raw-files (NEF) of the Nikon camera.

So I ´m testing the demo-version of Photoshop Elements 2022 and the new CameraRaw 14.4 for three weeks now. Good news: It can process the new NEFs.

But there are two things that annoy me:

1) I cannot load/use my old (mainly free) 8bf.-plugins/addons/filters (probably from third party providers), like "Luce", "VirtualPhotographer" and others. Are old plugins/addons/filters not usable in the new PSE 2022 ?

2) Are there two different versions of the new CameraRaw 14.4 in PSE and PS CC ?

CameraRaw has - allegedly - a function to apply lens corrections (e.g. distortions, vignettes). But I can't find them in the PSE 2022 version.

Thank you in advance (and excuse my google-translator english...)

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

I will only addrewss #2: Yes they're different versions- the one for PS has many more features that simply will not show/work in pse.

A LITTLE ABOUT THE PLUGINS:  Provide a list of all of them if you can.  Some  are specific the the version of pse you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

It is my understanding that, in general, newer versions of Elements can only use plug-ins that have a 64 bit mode.  Older 32 bit versions will not work, unless a bridge has been created for them. 

I note from the Luce website that it was created 20 years ago and the author seems to have stopped its development in 2013.  It was undoubtedly only a 32 bit plug-in and will not work with PSE 2022.  The other plug-in you mention was created for Windows 98.  I seriously doubt whether it will work in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will only addrewss #2: Yes they're different versions- the one for PS has many more features that simply will not show/work in pse.

A LITTLE ABOUT THE PLUGINS:  Provide a list of all of them if you can.  Some  are specific the the version of pse you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that, in general, newer versions of Elements can only use plug-ins that have a 64 bit mode.  Older 32 bit versions will not work, unless a bridge has been created for them. 

I note from the Luce website that it was created 20 years ago and the author seems to have stopped its development in 2013.  It was undoubtedly only a 32 bit plug-in and will not work with PSE 2022.  The other plug-in you mention was created for Windows 98.  I seriously doubt whether it will work in current versions of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I checked my other old filters and addons, and most of them don´t work in PSE 2022 - because they are x86.

Those who are x64 (like Luce, I´ve updated, or some by Flaming Pear or Redfield) are working in PSE 2022!

Where can I find free plugins/addons/filters that work with PSE 2022 (except Adobes own Creative Cloud) ?

Most of the addons I found are x86...

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a number of freebies at the The Plugin Site.

And as you have confirmed, the developer of Luce did create a 64 bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines