Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2023 - Camera Raw 15.x

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

does PSE 2023 support Camera Raw plugin 15.x?

Can't see it listed on the Camera Raw compatible applications link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Asking because I have a problem installing 15.1 on PSE 2023

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/adobe-camera-raw-15-1-pse-2023/m-p/13467...

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Hi @Michele27814487ffb0 

You are right that PSE2023 still only supports ACR14.4.

What you have tried to download is ONLY for the full Photoshop. That can't work with PSE which is always updated automatically and much later, generally only in the next PSE yearly version.

However there is a workaround to install the PSE ACR limited version, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Note for other users, if you don't have a recent camera model not su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michele27814487ffb0 

You are right that PSE2023 still only supports ACR14.4.

What you have tried to download is ONLY for the full Photoshop. That can't work with PSE which is always updated automatically and much later, generally only in the next PSE yearly version.

However there is a workaround to install the PSE ACR limited version, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Note for other users, if you don't have a recent camera model not supported by ACR14.4, no need to upgrade, there is nothing new for Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichelBParis

Thank you very much for the info! The workaround works perfectly 🙂

Merci beaucoup.

Have a good day 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried to do the same thing. But it did´nt work. I was chatt with Adobe, but he I chat with said that 15.1 support Elements 2023. But not. Another person there said that is not uppdated to 15.1. But it will be soon. 

Adobe staff doesn't have that knowledge yet it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichelBParis,

I’m glad your suggested approach works for some people, but unfortunately it does not work for me. I have described the situation here → https://twitter.com/quiet_listening/status/1616518355191750662. As you may discover, I got version 14.5, since 14.4 is no longer available (from https://adobe.ly/3XMAyPI). But the folder structure referred to in step 9 of http://bit.ly/3wlYmOV has for some reason not been created on my Mac. There is a /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats structure, but for some reason there is no /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/Elements<Version Number>/File Formats folder structure. Should I try to create it myself (i.e. with permissions inherited from its' parent level folder)? And what should the EXACT name be, please? Some places I've found folders called "21.0" (but the name does not contain any other alphanumeric characters), it that it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrejj_T 

Sorry,  I don't know anything about Macs.

Before the workaround I mentioned earlier, the solution for Elements users (and other converter editors users) to wait for a real update was to downaload and use the free Adobe Dngconverter to convert proprietary raw files to the open raw format DNG. You convert a whole folder of raw files and keep the same raw editing advantages for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to the same view, Michel! However, Adobe doesn't keep more than the latest version (ACR 14.5) available, and for some reason that one doesn't work with my PSE. Then again, the installer that PSE kicks off by itself (v14.4) works quite well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrejj_T,

Photoshop elements 2023 doesn't ship with an ACR plugin, so in the photoshop elements editor have you gone to Help>Install Camera Raw?

That will create the necessary folders for you to be able to follow the Camera Raw install instructions on this page if you need a newer version than the 14.4 that Help>Install Camera Raw gives you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not
Hälsningar
Roland Johansson

<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you so much for your answer! What you say corresponds exactly with what I also found out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrejj_T,

Did you buy photoshop elements 2023 from the Apple App Store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, I but it on sundat evening 25 srptember en payed it sthe ssame evezning. Much regards

Verzonden vanuit Mail<> voor Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines