Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOPICS
Download and install , Praise , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's now a 7 day trial rather than the previous 30 days.

Then you can only buy it with a 3 year term license. It's still a one time payment but after 3 years, the Editor stops working, the Organiser keeps working with basic functionality.

So, to keep using the full-features including the Editor, you must upgrade at least every 3 years.

Is that a change from Elements 2024?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tended to upgrade every 2/3 years so whilst not perfect, will not make a major difference to me

designbywhacky, disabled narrowboat dweller and digital artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, John, you are correct on all counts.  Elements 2024 was a perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder what kind of reaction that will get, if any.

I wonder how many people will ignore, or overlook, the 3 year license term and post here in 2027 wondering why their PSE2025 is not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Results of a discussion in a fb page, so far...

2024-10-01_071037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we all know what kind of reaction there is going to be.  But, to be fair, $33 per year isn't bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. And Adobe will be looking forward to $100 every 3 years from the upgrades rather than every 10 or 20 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$2.75 a month at $99 or $2.16 a month if you get the $20 off for being a owner of a previous version.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will users of PSE 2025 be able to purchase a license for PSE 2028, and if their computer doesn't support PSE 2028, be able to use PSE 2025 or PSE 2026 or PSE 2027 instead? 

Will PSE only be released every 3 years?

Will updates be applied to PSE 2025 in the same way updates are applied to Photoshop CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will PSE only be released every 3 years?

My reading is that:

1. PSE will continue to be updated every year as usual.
  2. Each license lasts a maximum of 3 years. Then the software is limited if you don't upgrade.
  3. Users can upgrade at any time but must upgrade every 3rd year at a minimum to keep using all features. So you can skip two years of upgrades at most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that @John Waller's reply to  @Peru Bob's questions is correct. 

@Peru Bob asked: Will updates be applied to PSE 2025 in the same way updates are applied to Photoshop CC?

My understanding is no. Each version will receive the kind of updates that are provided now.  These are generally major bug fixes and the occasional update of Camera Raw to support newer cameras.  However, new features that may be introduced in Elements 2026 will not be given to Elements 2025 licensees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i decide to take out the three year subscription to 2025 does that mean i am stuck with the 2025 version for the three year term without any changes/updates to the software even if 2026 version has improvements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can purchase each annual release to get the new features and as an existing owner you would qualify for the discounted upgrade price. 

Ive prepared a PDF summary - file attached to video description.

See my Youtube  video for a full review.

https://youtu.be/TF5I_FzXHPA

In this video I review all of the new features from Adobe in Photoshop Elements 2025 and Premier Elements 2025. The video app has a brand new interface based on the coding of Adobe's professional video editor Premiere Pro. Obviously Adobe will not give away their best features and whilst we don't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, the whole point of Elements used to be that it was a lifetime licence and you had to purchase a version of it only once. I personally still use Photoshop Elements 15 which I purchased back in 2016. Now, Elements is no different from a subscription. If you want to continue using it, you have to pay €105 (in my country) every three years. Previously you got the lifetime licence for the same price.

Also, the version you buy now will become completely unusable in three years. There's no guarantee that Elements 2028 will run the same on our computers, or if Adobe will not raise the price in the meantime. Even if one would like to extend the licence of the version they purchase now, they won't be able to. So if someone buys Elements 2025 now for three years and future editions will be too expensive or technically unfeasible for them, they will be left with no options whatsoever.

This is unacceptable in my opinion. I understand the subscription basis of the much more costly and advanced Photoshop, but with this change I think Elements lost its purpose, and it's far from user-friendly in any way. I'm not even sure if it's legal to sell software that has a built-in expiration date with no option to extend it. Maybe EU regulators should look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines