• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE Organizer 2021 & 2023 Most Application Stability Issues Solved on Ultrawide

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post might apply to those users with ultrawide/multi-monitor configurations.

MY DESKTOP SYSTEM:
Windows 11 since June 2021
CPU: AMD 5900X, GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080
Monitor: 49" 5120x1440 Curved Monitor (Samsung LS49AG952NNXZA)
               Previous: Triple 2560x1440 monitors

PROBLEM:
As a user of PSEO 2021 (ie. 44k photos & 7K videos), I ran into numerous issues including; 1) program hangs when launching videos, 2) using task manager force to force quit PSEO process upon normal closure, 3) seemingly random "application window corruption", and 4) inability to import HEIC iphone photos. I eventually thought that many problems could be solved by upgrading to PSE 2023 as it was W11 compatible. Although performance improved and benefited from the new features of the 2023 version, stability problems persisted. After extensive troubleshooting using, I think all tips from this forum, nothing seemed to fully solve the issues. Sometimes the software worked but most of the time trouble arose. From posts, I knew PSEO did not coexist well with ultrawides and dual/triple monitors setups. Solutions to these monitor configurations focused on changing software compatibility settings. These did not work for me. I did find that if the application window was resized to a smaller window (vs using the full screen), the software sometimes seemed stable when running videos. However most other times the program would hang which led to more troubleshooting (lots of red herrings).

PSEO TROUBLESHOOTING (no particular order):
1. Total up-to-date W11, Windows integrity checks, up-to-date GPU drivers
2. Disabled 3rd party services & startup apps
3. Installed PSE in Administrative mode
4. Adjusted application compatibility settings
5. Used a single 2560x1440 monitor when using PSEO 2021 & W11
6. Running software in Safe Mode
7. Ensuring all required codecs installed
8. Removed potential conflicting software
9. Used Autoruns64 to disable "hidden processes"

SOLUTION:
I thought a good solution would be to downgrade the monitor resolution to 2560x1440. I changed resolution through Nvidia's Control Panel. What this did was stretch the 2560x1440 screen across the 49" monitor but the same issues persisted. It's typical to use NCP to adjust monitor settings vs using Windows Settings. So I went down other paths before returning to this solution.

The ultimate solution for stable PSEO was to change the resolution using the Windows display resolution setting tool. The difference from NCP is Windows properly centers the 2560x1440 screen with two large black bars on either side. Have not encountered any application window issues or software hangs. Most importantly, I can successfully run videos from the software. So whenever I want to run PSEO, I change resolution in this manner. Clunky (in this day and age) but it works.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DoorKnocker33 , thanks for posting your solution.  I encourage others to let us know if it helps them with their monitor issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines