• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE15 problem with "Zoom" blur

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE15 on my MacBook, 2.9 HZ, Big Sur 11.5.2. 

I was in the middle of doing a photo, the "Zoom" in the Radisl blur suddently became to "Spin". It cound not chnage back no matter I reset the PSE15. I tried to reinstall PSE15, but the massge said " "Install" Needs to be updated" and asked me to seek developer for help. However, Adobe Technical Support told me that they were no long support PSE 15 (it is so pity) and refer me to here. Can someone know how to fix the "Zoom"/"Spin" problem?   Many Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the photoshop elements 15 preferences by going to

Macintosh HD/Users/UserName/Library/Preferences

and trashing the

Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Settings folder

and

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Thanks for the email.  I cannot find the directory

Macintosh HD/Users/UserName/Library/Preferences.

There is no "Library" under "Users/User Name".

Instead, I only found "Macintosh HD/Library/preferences/com.adode.photoshopElements. plist". I trashed the file. but it do not help. 

Can You please rechck the Directory for me.

Many Thanks.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on your desktop the in the Go menu hold down the Option key the word Library you see is your User Library.

lib.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Jeff

It seems  that my put down manu differs from yours. I Anyway, Thanks for your reply and help. I am thinking to downgrade the MacOS from Big Sur to Catalina. 

default9kik5ggzsgqn_0-1631840926651.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the Option key while in the Go menu in order to see Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Thanks you very much.  yes. I hold down the Option key and saw the Library folder. deleted those folder and file you mentioned, restarted the computer as well. However, it did not help. The Zoom blur was still as Spin.   Thinking need to down grade the MacOS from Big Sur to Catalina.  The tricky thing that I was going to ask Adobe was the Zoom blur changing to Spin was happened in the middle of doing a photo process. But Adobe is not supporting PSE15 anymore. It was purchased only 5 years ago. 

regards,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one more thing to try:

Go to Macintosh HD/Users/UserName/Library/Preferences as you did before and look for a folder named

Adobe Photoshop Elements and if there is a RadialBlur Filter Prefs.psp then trash it.

rbp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, Jeff

Thanks so much for your help. Did all things as you mentioned. But still did not work. Thinking that is a compatibility issue and Big Sur rewite something in PSE15.  

REgards,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines