• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAF file not opening

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of PSE [Ver. 19.0 (20210811.m.158081)X64] under Windows 10, 64bit. How do I make it open Fuji RAF files? The 'Update' option under Help is disabled. 

New to PSE and this forum. Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GeeRav wrote:

I am running the latest version of PSE [Ver. 19.0 (20210811.m.158081)X64]

I assume that is what Adobe marketing calls version 2021.3 released 23 August 2021. That is the latest update so Updates under Help will be greyed out since there are no more Updates available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

RAF is a generic file format for RAW files from Fujifilm cameras. RAF file formats are unique to each model.

Which camera model are your RAF files from?

If your camera model is already supported by Camera Raw then you can update the Camera Raw plugin in Elements following this Adobe workaround.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I am using a Fuji GFX100S.

I downloaded AdobeCameraRaw.exe and ran it but still it is not opening. The same error message is displayed. 

Should I rerun the  AdobeCameraRaw.exe?

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera is not yet supported by the ACR Elements version (still 13.0, not the required 13.2 version).

You can download the free Adobe DNGconverter 13.3 which will be able to convert a whole folder of your RAF files to the universal DNG raw format. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality. Don't expect any official update for PSE2021 as a new version is expected in the next weeks.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-...

There is a workaround to install the ACR 13.3 version for PSE2021, but I have not tested it. I am sure you'll soon get details by other users in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this Adobe workaround to update Camera Raw in Elements, as alluded to by @MichelBParis above

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John, Michel and Glenn.

I shall try the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME THING THAT @John Waller , and others have posted, in a somewhat simplified format.

Go here, download and install ACR 13.4.  You are only interested in the 8BI file shown.
YOUR CAMERA IS SUPPORTED IN ACR 13.4

Camera Raw plug-in installer (adobe.com)

THEN

LOOK FOR THIS FILE, AND COPY IT:  2021-09-23_174356.jpg
THE 8BI FILE WOULD BE PASTED IN THE "FILE FORMATS" FOLDER.

|2021-09-23_174409.jpg

Congratulations, you just installed ACR 13.4 into PSE 2021. 

LOTS  of Fuji cameras supported:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines