• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as pdf

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 and I am having a problem with it on my new Windows 10. When I try to save as in pdf format, there is no proposition « pdf Â» in the scrolling menu. Why ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the 'Save as' dialog, the options on the bottom for the 'type' line include 'Photoshop pdf'.

Good to know:

- Elements and organizer recent versions only recognize that pdf type. It's a combination of a psd and a pure pdf used in Acrobat or Indesign for instance. It can be opened without any conversion in Photoshop, Elements and more as well like a psd (with layers) or directly in Acrobat, Indesign or any pdf management software. The price for that is that the file size is huge.

- Elements editor can open pure pdf files after a conversion step. Those files can't be managed in the organizer.

- If you want to save a file in the pure pdf format, remember that pdf is a printing/displaying format, not a photo format. So you just use the 'File >> Print' feature to 'print' in a file via a virtual pdf driver such as Microsoft Print to pdf. Very handy to print a multipage pdf from a selection of files. However, not recognized in the organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines