• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as windows have gone to the bottom.

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a Macbook and have Monterey fully updated. My PSE 2021 has a glitch — or Apple does, I'm unsure. I do my editing and then hit file/save as just like I've always done since 2010 when I started. For some obscure reason when I hit save as the window is half off the screen at the bottom. Yes, easy to grab hold of and lift it up, but I've never had to do this before.

Does anyone know a fix? Apple/system pref/display/scaled makes no difference. Tried 'everything.' Arghhh. Uninstalled PSE 2021, reinstalled because actually the darned thing would not open no matter what.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Restore default preferences
Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.
A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Having tried this I can confirm it does not work. As an example this is what happens:
I edit in expert mode, finish the project and go file/save as. YES! The save as window is dead centre. Then open another project, click file/save as and the window has dropped. Open a third project and save as and the window is half off the very bottom of the screen.

It looks like I'm just going t have to live with it by dragging the save as window up to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where the images went????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's just me and no one else in the entire world has this problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem since upgrading to Monterey. I am using Elements 2020 (18.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

Can you upgrade to Elements 2022? Meanwhile I am working on this issue on my machines. 

Please feel free to reach out if you still hit the issue.

Thanks,

Geetanjali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since upgrading to Maac OS Monterey. Photoshop can you fix this? (OF course I know you won't becuase you're way to busy developing ancy Ai tools instead of actually maintianing a product that functions correctly.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

' I run a Macbook and have Monterey fully updated. " I stop reading at that point.  You're simply cant do anything till Adobe issues an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a 16-inch 2021 MBP, M1 Max, 32 GB macOS Monterey 12.2.1 & the latest version of PSE 2022. Same problem as described by others. Tried everything suggested here and on other sites to cure the problem. Nothing works. Every successive time I save, the popup gets lower by about 1/3 screen and lastly off the screen with just a tiny bit showing. What a PIA when editing a series of 30 scanned in pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

We have released a new version past week. I request you to update the Adobe Photoshop Elements to the latest version. This should resolve your issue. 

Thanks,

Geetanjali 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Geetanjali.

I just checked PSE 2022 and it says there are no updates available. The option is grayed out.

About PSE 2022 says - "20.0 (20211214.Git.dot.221c6b7) x64"

I assume this is the build version that I have.

The problem still exists as described above.

I will continue checking for updates.

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated to a new Apple computer...and now this is now my new Adobe Photshop nightmare...WTF is wrong with Adobe?...a bunch of ass-clown! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines