• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save metadata

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new in PSE. I recently bought PSE 2022 and noticed that in the Organiser when using the Save Metadata to File option (Ctrl + W) my original photograph is delete and another one with the metadata saved is create. Someone can explain me why.

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

I mean if I have a jpg file in my catalog and I add keywords or captions, when I save metadata with the ctrl+w command the original file without it is deleted (I find it in the trash) and is replaced with a new one that contains keywords. It's not a problem, I just wanted to ask why PSE doesn't directly write this data to the existing file

By @valterb69

Mybe the answer is in that old faq from John R Ellis:

https://johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Photos_appear_in

The orga

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that after using the Ctrl+W command, you have two files?  Or is your question relating to some other observation you are making about the file e.g. Date Modified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean if I have a jpg file in my catalog and I add keywords or captions, when I save metadata with the ctrl+w command the original file without it is deleted (I find it in the trash) and is replaced with a new one that contains keywords. It's not a problem, I just wanted to ask why PSE doesn't directly write this data to the existing file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @valterb69

Mybe the answer is in that old faq from John R Ellis:

https://johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Photos_appear_in

The organizer sometimes uses the recycle bin to make temporary copies for some processes. That enables undoing such processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines