• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starting PSE15 - How to skip the "Welcome to Photoshop Elements" window ?

Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I start-up PSE15 (via a short-cut direct to PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe) I am presented with the window as shown in the screenshot below.

Changing my preferences makes no difference - I still get the same pop-up every time I start the PSE15 editor.

I can simply press the OK button, and the PSE15 editor proceeds to open ... but it's quite annoying.

Is this supposed to happen? ... If not, how can I stop it ?!

Regards, John M

WelcomeToPhotoshopElements.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Hi John,

There is an entry "HighbeamNoticeShownAdobeID" in Elements.ini/ElemensScenario.plist present at -

Win: %ProgramData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\15.0\Elements.ini

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Elements Organizer/15.0/ElemensScenario.plist

Please check the value of the key "HighbeamNoticeShownAdobeID" before launching Photoshop Editor and then after closing the app. If the value always remains "null", check if you have write access on the file. If not, provide the write access on tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry for the trouble here.

Could you please go to location and rename 15.0 folder?

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\15.0

It would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response, Sandeep.

Yes, a folder named "C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\15.0" already exists.

Rename it to what ?

Regards, John M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnM_Australia wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response, Sandeep.

Yes, a folder named "C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\15.0" already exists.

Rename it to what ?

Regards, John M

Oh just call it original like so:

15-original.0

It doesn't matter what you call it.  the idea is to test if this will stop the pop ups.  I have got that folder but I don't get the pop-ups like you are getting.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK - - I now see what you mean.

Yes, I have renamed folder as you suggest (while PSE is NOT running) - but it makes no difference ... I'm still getting the annoying pop-up.

Regards, John M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Can you please visit - Adobe ID and go to Security and Privacy tab;

and check/uncheck the checkbox for 'Desktop App Usage' as shown in this screenshot-

Save the changes and then try launching Editor. Do you still see the pop up?

Thanks

Andaleeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andaleeb,

I toggled the settings, as you suggested ... but, I'm sorry to report, the annoying pop-up remains.

Regards, John M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

There is an entry "HighbeamNoticeShownAdobeID" in Elements.ini/ElemensScenario.plist present at -

Win: %ProgramData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\15.0\Elements.ini

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Elements Organizer/15.0/ElemensScenario.plist

Please check the value of the key "HighbeamNoticeShownAdobeID" before launching Photoshop Editor and then after closing the app. If the value always remains "null", check if you have write access on the file. If not, provide the write access on that file.

Please get back to me with all these observations if the suggested workaround doesn't help.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Swapnil - - Thank you for your response - you have (inadvertently) answered my question !!

I don't use the Organiser-module of PSE (I use only the Editor-module, invoked from DxO Optics Pro) ... and, so, I have a cut-down implementation of PSE on my PC   **without**  the "%ProgramData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer" folder.

Therefore, as your question/suggestion implies, I don't have an Elements.ini file in that folder ... and, consequently, the "HighbeamNoticeShownAdobeID" entry does not exist.

OK - Mystery solved ... I'm happy to keep clicking "OK" each time PSE starts up ... It's only minor irritant.

Thanks again for your insightful help.

Regards, John M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines