• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swap elements 2021 from old pc to new

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new PC and would like to move my copy of Elements 2021 to the new machine.  What is the procedure?

JGLTX

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install PSE on the new computer.

Backup your catalog.

Restore the catalog to the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found downloads for new versions of PSE, but not 2021.   Did I not look hard enough?  I don't want to buy a new version.

JGLTX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's public facing website only has links to the latest trial versions.

To download your purchased version, sign in to your Adobe account

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Don't rely on these download links being available forever. Be self-sufficient.

Once you have successfully downloaded the installer, keep a backup copy for yourself in a secure location (with your serial number) in case you need it for future reinstallation. I have kept my installers and serial numbers in Dropbox for over 10 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Products

Register a product

Enter a serial number to register or update your product, upgrade to a plan, or qualify for certain types of service plans. Learn more

Serial number

This serial number is already in use.                       Register

According to an  instruction page, I should next see this:

Registered products and a download button, but I don't. I can't get past the previous page.

The ProDesign Tools site was a failure.  I spent 3-4 hours trying to download and kept getting download failure messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This serial number is already in use.             

By @TXbirder

Please go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to "Install PSE on the new computer" as I am unable to find a
download link for PSE 2021,
Is PSE 2021 absolutely unavailable?

jgltx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A download link should be available in your Adobe account when you sign in.

If that does not work, you can download the installer from

https://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-2021-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no download link when I sign in.  I've tried many times.

https://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-2021-direct-download-links-premiere.html

I've spent hours, literally, on three downs loads attempts only to get an error message at the ends and a popup saying  "try again".  I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply download and install the program on the new machine. If you are using the Organizer, you will also have to backup the old catalog on the old machine and restore it to the new machine. 

If you are not going to use the old computer again, you should sign out under the Help menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions talk about the catalog and the organizerm but I never used the organizer and if I jave a catalog, I don't know where it is.

Another  talks about registered products.  I get to the page befor that, enter my code number and it tells me I'm aleady registered and then dead end:

Products

Register a product

Enter a serial number to register or update your product, upgrade to a plan, or qualify for certain types of service plans. Learn more
Serial number

Register

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions talk about the catalog and the organizerm but I never used the organizer and if I jave a catalog, I don't know where it is.

By @TXbirder

I don't use the Organizer or a catalog either.  Just ignore the advice about them if you don't use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . Also, don't be confused by the fact that your account will show Elements (version) 19.0, not Elements 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines