• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer PSE14 (with plugins) to another PC?

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10 desktop with PSE14 with the free Google NIK plugin and the Elements+ plugin. I will soon be getting PSE2020 (Disc.)  I would like to know how to do the following:

1. Transfer PSE14, with its plugins, to my MS Surface. I have its serial number.

2.  On the desktop, I'd like to be able add the NIK Collection and the Elements+ to the newly installed PSE2020.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Well, mission accomplished. PSE14 moved to Surface and NIK plugged in.  Together with your help and my little chat with Adobe help, all went smoothly.  However, one problem that I don't think can be remedied. Because the Surface has only a 12" screen, the NIK plug in is unbelieveably small.  If I wasn't familiar with it, it probably couldn't used.   In fact, even with familiarity, there is much that I can't use properly. Would love to make the NIK content menu and it's screens bigger, but doubt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  You will need the PSE 14 installation files, either from disk or download.  You will also need the NIK plug-in installer.  I don't use the Elements+ plugin, so don't know whether you can simply copy the plug-in folder.  But I'm sure it would be best to use the installer for that plugin too.

2.  Same answer for the plugins.  You really need the installer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether or not I have the installation file for the "old" Free Google NIK (before DXO, that is).  However, I have found two sources that I think will work for NIK installation.  One source allows for the download of the old NIK (https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6809-google-nik-collection.html) and the other source shows 2 methods to transfer an existing old NIK to PS (I assume the same for PSE)-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCExY1ySY0.  As I am not to swift when it comes to these things, I was hoping you might take a look and let me know if these transfers are valid.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks like the download of the free Nik collection is legitimate. The size of the file should be 439,524 kb. Although, the YouTube video tutorial should work with Elements, if you have the download installer file, I would just run it in the default location.  It will automatically install the necessary files in the Elements program file folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for your help, Greg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I spoke too soon re the transfer of PSE14 from my desktop to the Surface. I have read several tutorials on how to transfer, but have found them to be confusing. So, I was hoping that you could simply direct me to a proper transfer tutorial.  I do have an extrnal hard drive, if needed,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot simply transfer the program.  You have to use the installation disks or the download file.  If you have the disks but no disk player on your Surface you can copy the files from the disk to a USB drive and then install the program files by plugging in the USB drive to your Surface.  I've never used a Surface, but I'm assuming this can be done.  I know M$FT wants you to purchase applications from the Windows store so maybe I am wrong about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I only want to transfer the PSE14 program proper and not any of it cataogs or photo files...so that I'll have a fresh program on the Surface.  Does this make transferring any different?

I found this Adobe guide for downloading previous apps (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html). Am I basically right (aside from not also downloading catalogs and photo files) with the following assumption on how to transfer to Surface without bothering to get Adobe's Creative Cloud

1. Sign out of PSE14 on desktop

2. On the Surface, follow instructions from above link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, mission accomplished. PSE14 moved to Surface and NIK plugged in.  Together with your help and my little chat with Adobe help, all went smoothly.  However, one problem that I don't think can be remedied. Because the Surface has only a 12" screen, the NIK plug in is unbelieveably small.  If I wasn't familiar with it, it probably couldn't used.   In fact, even with familiarity, there is much that I can't use properly. Would love to make the NIK content menu and it's screens bigger, but doubt that it can be done.  Well, maybe with a magnifying glass...ha, ha.  Again, thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines