• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to update my Adobe Photoshop Elements but update stops "win10 browser not up to date"

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Win 10, default browser is Google Chrome, MS Edge installed and upto date, but I continue to get and error every time I try to update Photoshop Elements "you have a new update", when I click on install now I get this message: "your browser or operating system is no longer supported.  You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system"  MSOS win10 updated (just instlalled an update last night!)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

As I stated above, after installing Creative Cloud I am no longer being asked to update.  When I select Elements Help, updates is grayed out.  Since Elements v2020 is no longer supported I suspect this is the best I will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to install the Creative Cloud application before updating Photoshop Elements:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

I had to install it to be able to install PSE 2018 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion and it looked like that would solve the issue i.e. update from 8.0 to 8.2.  But after the installation creative cloud ap. my elements still shows v8.0.  But I and no longer getting the "need to update" notice.

I will see how it goes.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I stated above, after installing Creative Cloud I am no longer being asked to update.  When I select Elements Help, updates is grayed out.  Since Elements v2020 is no longer supported I suspect this is the best I will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines