• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off X,Y coordinates when using move tool

Mentor ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user in a FB group wants to know how to turn off the x,y coordinate display (as seen in the image) when moving something... something I've never really noticed before, but for me, is useless.   When using the arrow keys, the coordinates do not display.  I've tried al lthe usual stuff in preferences, but suspect it's just an odd keyboard shortcut. 210865684_10220839415960741_5661763637230281776_n.jpg

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Hi @Glenn 8675309 ,

It's a preference setting in Photoshop CC, but not one that's available in Photoshop Elements. 

Julieanne Kost writes:

"Show Transformation Values — When dragging the transformation handles, the transformation values appear at the top right of your cursor. This display can be controlled via Preferences > Tools > Show Transformation Values (Never, Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right)."

If Julieanne doesn't give you a shortcut, you can be pretty certain there

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no way to turn that off.  And I've never seen anyone want to do that before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp, I've never said after moving anything "Sure am glad I knew the X,Y coordinates of that cow I copied and mooved (see what  I did there?) to the other side of this photo."   I assume it's always been there, but I've never paid much attention to it (exactely like the cookie cutter tool).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, this is a common issue. It's a popular search on Google too. And you can turn it off - thankfully.

If you work with a ton of layers and a ton of details that have to nest neatly on top of other details...seeing the layer underneith your move is essential.

So that's what I'm here and seeing the answer bsaved me a lot of time.

In fact, finding the answer above, I opted to relocate the coordinates to lower left of the move took and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work with a ton of layers and a ton of details that have to nest neatly on top of other details...seeing the layer underneith your move is essential.
By @whcressall

What's the percentage of PSE users meeting the above limitation?

If you want Adobe to change that controversial feature, that's not a good point. Adobe will be too glad to answer that you need the customizable 'pro' PS version for your 'expert' needs. After all, they might find that a tiny part of the PSE users would be unhappy with the change. Generally, they want to make clear that customization is a key criteria to distinguish between the 'pro' and the 'consumer' softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fully 50%? More? And if you already know what Adobe will say, why are you even here?

Bottom line, I went looking for the answer and found it here.

So...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Glenn 8675309 ,

It's a preference setting in Photoshop CC, but not one that's available in Photoshop Elements. 

Julieanne Kost writes:

"Show Transformation Values — When dragging the transformation handles, the transformation values appear at the top right of your cursor. This display can be controlled via Preferences > Tools > Show Transformation Values (Never, Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right)."

If Julieanne doesn't give you a shortcut, you can be pretty certain there isn't one - not even in Photoshop CC 🙂

Like you've already pointed out, if you use the cursor keys you can move your selection without the transformation values being displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's little things like being to turn off the coordinates which makes me want to cotinue with PS. All the years I've been using PSE IAnd I've never noticed them, ever.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was such a specific thing to look for and my colleagues and I spent ages last night trying to find a solve for this cause we wanted to do a quick screen recording and we came across your answer and it honestly was the most satisfying thing to find and absolutely excellent direction. Thank you SO MUCH for this answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Showiing this has zero value or use.... I think it's just one of those odd things. 2021-11-05_141429.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You made my night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines