• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download photoshop elements 2020 to MacBook Air M2

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop would not launch on my new Macbook Air (I used a timemachine backup to reinstall everything). I decided to delete, and reinstall from my Adobe account. That works fine on my partner's older mac. On my macbook air, the download happens and seems fine. I get the elements logo and click on it. Which opens the usual 'do you want to download this app' warning. Then nothing. No installation. No progress bar or wheel. Nada. What can I do? I need to get this working urgently 😞

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Peru Bob . I just tried this and the cleaner tool software also won't run. The install file downloads, then when I try to open it I get this error windowScreenshot 2023-02-15 at 19.58.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jonathan, but Elements 2020 will not work on a Ventura OS machine. Elements 2023 is required to work natively on an M2 machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Greg_S.  Thanks for the reply. The new macbook air is running Monterrey 12.5. I uninstalled Elements 2020 and installed the trial version of 2023 which seemed to install correctly. When I try to open the photo editor, I get the same error window saying it has quit unexpectedly. The software wont open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISTR that Elements 2020 won't run on Monterey either.  I know nothing about Macs, but you can try contacting Adobe Support to see if they can get Elements 2023 up and running for you.  You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running 2020 on Monterrey until last week which makes this all very confusing. I just tried the blue contact button - it flicked and turned grey, then nothing else happened...... No window opened and no chatbot. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in the United States, support should be available 24 hours a day during the week.  If you are outside the US, even the chatbot hours are limited, as described in the phone list linked in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in the UK. I was within the hours listed, but clicking the blue button just turns it grey. No window opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines