• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open images

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have loaded multiple images into my Photoshop elements 2020. But, now when I try to open them a message comes up saying that the photo is missing. I can no longer open any photos for editing or click on them to move them to a hard drive without the program telling me that the image link is missing. This just started this week after using the program for the last two years. I'm not sure how to get my photos edited or moved without losing them.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? 

The message suggests that you have moved or deleted the photos outside of the Organizer and that is why the photo is "missing".  So what actions may you have taken with the files?  Examples would be moving the file to another folder using Windows File Explorer or the Mac equivalent; having your photos on an external drive and changing the drive letter when you plug it in; renaming the files in another program; moving your files to a new computer using a backup program other than the Organizer.

If you select a missing file and look in the Information panel on the right of the Organizer, you will see the location where the Organizer thinks the file is stored.  Does this give you any clues?

Snap_2022.02.04_0h12m53s_003.png

Clicking on the Location link will open the folder in your OS and you can see whether the file is actually there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows. I ended up calling tech support and got it worked out. Figured out what I had done. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mckayla22989698ljxu, how about letting us know what you did so that others may learn from your experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines