• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unfamiliar symbol on Thumbnails

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with photoshop for many years, and currently using PSE 2020 on Mac Mojave. Soon to move to Big Sur on Mac Mini M1. These files do open in editor, but I have many in my catalog with this symbol. It is a "not" symbol, but "not" to what ? I feel that I should know this. Thanks.Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 3.55.59 PM.jpg

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Import and export , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Those photos do not have any keyword search tags associated to them.  That photo is not incuded in any search criteria (such as "vacation / mountains / cascade."   You get 5 bonus points (they have zero value because I'm the only one that gives them) for posting an actual screenshot, and not a blurry photo of your comptuer screen taken with a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Just to add to Glenn's response, you have currently filtered your catalog with either a search term or a keyword tag.   Your screenshot photo shows that it is in a stack/version set (icon in the top right).  Your filter has found a matching file within the stack which is why the stack has been expanded to display it.  But your screenshot photo does not meet the search filter and the "not" icon shows that it does not.  Once you clear the filter, the icon will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those photos do not have any keyword search tags associated to them.  That photo is not incuded in any search criteria (such as "vacation / mountains / cascade."   You get 5 bonus points (they have zero value because I'm the only one that gives them) for posting an actual screenshot, and not a blurry photo of your comptuer screen taken with a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. I will let you know what I find out open further investigation.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to Glenn's response, you have currently filtered your catalog with either a search term or a keyword tag.   Your screenshot photo shows that it is in a stack/version set (icon in the top right).  Your filter has found a matching file within the stack which is why the stack has been expanded to display it.  But your screenshot photo does not meet the search filter and the "not" icon shows that it does not.  Once you clear the filter, the icon will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your response. I’m checking into your suggestions also. I’ll let you know what I find.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines