• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unstacking in PSE 15 Organiser?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have many photo stacks in my Organiser following edits, but can not see how to view the content of these stacks within Elements. In Organiser/View the "Expand all Stacks" option is greyed out and there is no response to clicking the individual image or its stack icon. I am obviously missing something which is presumably under my nose, and have failed to identify the help area I need - so a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated, please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

ppbrec1  wrote

I now have many photo stacks in my Organiser following edits, but can not see how to view the content of these stacks within Elements. In Organiser/View the "Expand all Stacks" option is greyed out and there is no response to clicking the individual image or its stack icon. I am obviously missing something which is presumably under my nose, and have failed to identify the help area I need - so a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated, please.

You are not alone...

Si

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ppbrec1  wrote

You are not alone...

Simply use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl D to switch between the new 'adaptative' grid view to the old 'detailed' view (or use the view menu). The small icons on thumbnails to denote stacks/version sets will appear, and you'll be able to expand or collapse your stacks/version sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Micheal, thanks so much. As I thought - easy when you know how!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to work with Elements 2022 on my Windows 10 PC in late 2021. It no longer works on my new Windows 11 PC. May be the current version has updates which broke it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JM-001, are you saying that Ctrl+D doesn't work?  Can you go to the Details view via the View menu?  If you have a large catalog, it can take several seconds for the view to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comment wasn't about CTRL-D not working. I assume it does. I prefer using the "unstack" in the menus. If it's in the menus, then it should work, not be greyed out.

JM

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So are you saying that the menu doesn't work in the Details view?  This feature has never worked in the adaptive view as far as I can recall.  You need to be in the Details view to access this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines