• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upload to flickr issue

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the first time ever, after I uploaded pics to Flickr, the pics are no longer in my adobe album. What happened? I am using Adobe Elements Organizer 2020 and it has the latest update.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain your problem in more detail.  What do you mean when you say the photos are no longer in your Adobe album?  "Album" can mean various things in this context.  Are you talking about photos that you have placed in an Album in the Organizer?  Or are you talking about a folder where your photos are stored on your hard drive?  Or are you talking about a Flickr album that is created when you upload the files to Flickr from the Organizer?

Snap_2022.10.05_12h47m12s_002.1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pics no longer appeared in the Adobe Elements album but we can close this case. I u/l about 100 pics the first time and knew I still had the pics in my folders so I went ahead and u/l a second set and that worked as it should. I think I lost the pics form my Adobe album when Adobe Elements crashed. All is ok now since I had tagged my pics in the album with an album id. Thanks for the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I took a deeper look, I found that I did lose some pics. Fortunately, I was able to d/l them from Flickr but this whole issue was frustrating and time consuming. I think it is all related to Adobe crashing which seems to happen after upgrades.

I am still trying to recover and now I am getting another error msg that the catalog could not be opened. An internal pregramming error occurred. I could use help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you dismiss the error message?

Try the following to recover the damaged catalog:

• Press the Shift key while launching the Organizer.  This should bring up the Catalog Manager dialog
  • Select the damaged catalog and click on the Repair button.  This may take several minutes to complete.
  • Next, click on the Optimize button.   Again, the optimization may take quite a while.
  • You may get a report that no errors were found (or have been repaired) and that the catalog has been optimized.
  • Once the process is complete, open the catalog and see what happens.

If the catalog will still not load, do you have any catalog backups that can be restored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start adobe organizer, I get the error msg. This started after I had the problem with the Flickr u/l. My preferences had the option to back up the catalog set to never as I do it myself regularly - but after the Flicr mishap, I turned this option on to once a month. That is when I started getting this error. I can continue by choosing the catalog shown in the dialog box but I can't get the error to stop showing. My main catalog is on my hard drive and my backups are on an external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I would do in your situation.  First create and open a new catalog and see if that takes care of the message appearing when you open the Organizer.  If it does, then the problem is with your current catalog.  In this case, restore a recent backup and give it a new name.  It sounds like you backup regularly, so you shouldn't lose too much work by using this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg. I did have to restore the catalog but now Adobe Elements Organizer opens without an issue and I seem to have my 22,000 photos intact. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no - still need help. 

I keep my photos under a folder called Pictures and under that I have some stored by timeline, some dedicated to trips, etc. That structure ued to show up under Adobe Elements but now I don't see the same thing. My albums look the same but not my original photos. See if this is clear enough from the attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marygb said:  My albums look the same but not my original photos.

Sorry, but I am not understanding your situation.  Albums are database collections of photos that can be stored anywhere on your hard drive in Folders (which used to be called file directories).  I know very little about Macs so I don't know whether different terminology may be used.

Did you use the Organizer to restore your backup or did you use some other backup software? If you used the Organizer to restore your catalog, did you choose to Restore Original Folder Structure?  See this article for more information about the different choices available when restoring a catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines