• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is Photoshop Elements Autocreations 2022? How can I disable it? Plus, three related questions.

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've installed a freestanding version of PSE 2022 on a Windows 10 desktop.  I use PSE 2022 in Expert mode, create/edit indiviual images, and save them to a portable hard drive -- not anywhere in PSE itself. 

What is PSE Auto Creations? What does it do, and how I can disable it if it isn't absolutely necessary for running PSE 2022?

Also, three related questions:

1. I don't want any aspects of PSE running automatically at startup.  Under Task Manager's Startup tab, I see Adobe Updater Startup Utility, which has low startup impact. Can I disable AUSU, and will doing so prevent me from running or updating PSe at the time of my choosing?

2. Under Task Manager's Processes tab, I see Adobe Update Service (32 bit), which has very low power usage.  Does this process run automatically at startup?  Again, I want to minimize unnecessary processes and have agency over when and how I use them.

3. What is "AdobeIPCBroker.log" and how do I prevent it from appearing?

I know that this post asks questions on four separate but related issues.  If this is a problem, please direct me to the proper Adobe forum.  I don't log on here often and need to condense all related questions into as few posts as possible.

Thank you in advance.

ajk1962f

_____
Win 10. I'm older than dirt, and so is my CPU.
TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

The "Media Analysis" setting is found in the Organizer Preferences. Your screenshot shows the Editor Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable any service or application you want from running at startup without issue. When you launch the Adobe program it will load whatever services and helper applications it might need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BadWolf5150Thank you for your reply.

ajk1962f

_____

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stop any of that stuff from sarting automatically if want, but why bother?  It's simply "making work" for yourself and you seem to be concern with minute details.  It's Best, for the average user,  to not even bother worrying about the things you mentioned, with the exception being autocreations. 

You can update it, if an update is available, anytime you choose.  Again, choosingto do so- disabling the update broker, is simply makingwork for yourself.

Autocreations is a background service that looks at your images, and automatically creates things like images and slidshows with effects added automatically-- you can disable in your ORGANIZER preference file-- I think most people do disable it. 

I can understand your ddesire  to limit processes on an older computer.

Uncheck what the arrow is pointing to (From your organizer preference file. 

2022-12-02_162507.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309 Thank you for your reply and for respecting my choices.

ajk1962f

_____

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have "Media Analysys" pane within my PSE 2022 Preferences.  Please see the attached screenshot.

ajk1962f

_____

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Media Analysis" setting is found in the Organizer Preferences. Your screenshot shows the Editor Preferences.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Walter_HAgain, super helpful.  Thank you.

ajk1962f

_____

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines