• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are Bahnschrift fonts in PSE 20

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I work on an old .psd image created years ago, and using a text line with Bahnschrift Condensed font, and I can't see this font in the list in PhotoShop Element 2020. This free to use font is provided in Windows 10.

I tried to reinstall the whole font family, but still not visible in PSE20. This font is visible (and usable) in ALL other applications on my PC. Just PSE20 app can't show/use it. I just can see the Bahnschrift Regular, with no option to use Condensed or other styles (semicondensed, light, semibold...)

PSE Fonts list :

BCLV4_0-1630586571112.png

List of installed Bahnschrift fonts family on my PC :

BCLV4_1-1630586763484.png

Whole Bahnschrift font family visible in OpenOfficeOrg for example :

BCLV4_2-1630586902011.png

Any idea ?

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Activate the type tool and reset the tool to default. Then, in the drop-down, try to select Bahnschrift font again.

2. If that dooes not fix it, reset global preferences. To do that, in Editor Expert tab, go to Edit>Preferences>General and click on RESET ON NEXT LAUNCH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No changes with point 1, not better after reseting all preferences in point 2 and restarding PSE20.

Still having only Bahnschrift Regular in the list, and no choice to use condensed, semilight, semibold, semicondensed styles...

Is there a limit for installed fonts to use in PSE20 ? I actually have 245 fonts installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE uses the system fonts. The fonts are not installed in PSE. Perhaps this font is defective (corrupted), but you state that you can utilize it in other applications. Hopefully someone will come along with other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to above, I am not aware of a font limit for Windows10. I recall a discussion several years ago where it was claimed that a large number of fonts slow the system down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember any issues with that on Windows 7 and before with previous versions of PSE. I'm using the same font list for many years. It's the first issue I'm facing with Windows 10 with this font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some instances in which have lots (to me that's over 5000) can slow down the load time of the application, but that's about it.   Some users are rather "passionate" when discussing the number of fonts---- I've got it down to about 500 or so now,  I don't notice anything "slowing down" just becouase I have lits of fonts installed. 

Many think fonts are loaded into ram- and that simply is not true.  They get loaded as they are needed. 

I think most users, Like myself probably use about 50 font's regulalry, yet have hundreds installed, just because.   I'm honestly too lazy to look through a list of 500 fonts and pick one.   

I once bought a set of 15,000 fonts- and never even install any past the letter B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The explanation offered here is that Bahnschrift fonts are Variable fonts that adobe didn't support.

Adobe cc application like photoshop 2021 do now, but it looks like photoshop elements does not as of photoshop elements 2021 or older.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/missing-font-weights-and-styles/m-p/9727275

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/bahnschrift

Creative Cloud Photoshop 2021 (ver 22.5)

Screenshot-(277).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines