• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I create folders in elements.

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used elements for at least 8 years, probably more and have always used folders for each years then sub didvide into months so when I upload the photos go into each month in their relevant dates. I always do the months at the start of each year, to make things easy on each upload. I tried doing this years by adding the folders into the memory card not using elements but the month folders just disappeared. I then tried to add the folders within the app but they just dont come up when you add the photos, so they are just stored within the year as random date uploads and is difficult to follow. This used to be simple to do  what is going on now to make things difficult again. Cheers 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand:

I tried doing this years by adding the folders into the memory card not using elements but the month folders just disappeared. I then tried to add the folders within the app but they just dont come up when you add the photos, so they are just stored within the year as random date uploads and is difficult to follow.

By @andyb16135772

I suspect that you may be facing the difficulty of using drag and drop when trying to move:

- a selection of photo from the display space to a given destination subfolder in the left folders panel

- a subfolder in the left folder to another folder in the left folders panel.

The big problem is that the destination folder only appears in the left folder tree if there is already a photo in that folder in the catalog. Before each move you have to use the option to 'show all folders' in the main folder just above your destination one. Now you can do your move.

I imagine that if you have already created your monthly (empty) folders under the year folder, you won't see them before using the option to 'show all sub-folders' by rightclicking on the year folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for answering, but no, the folders I create just disappear after I've created them. I create them go to add photos and they all just aren't there any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for answering, but no, the folders I create just disappear after I've created them. I create them go to add photos and they all just aren't there any more

By @andyb16135772

The folders disappear also from the Windows explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure actually, I'll check tonight, had to finish early last night, I was trying within elements all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines