Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the preview of layers disappear?

Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, 
I have this question but I don't remember if it was solved yet.
In my current workflow, I see this:
(the preview of the layers don't show up anymore). Do you know why, or if is a bug?

s.png

Detail:

2.png

It's since I use Photoshop elements that happens this. At the beginning, I can see the preview of each layer, but after a while when I working, or make some 'merge', the preview disappear. 
Thanks again for the help in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print screen shows the layers are transparent.

Start over again with an image, and the Background layer (in the layers palette) should show visible content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't understand well in which sense, starting with an image and background in the layer palette? What is layer palette?
Thanks again for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Palette is a panel with layers.

Please review this:

Create layers in Photoshop Elements (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem and I forget what the cause is or whether there is a fix for it. 

I don't know whether this will work, but try going to Edit>Preferences>Performance and change the setting for Use Graphics Processor for Improved Performance:

Ashampoo_Snap_Tuesday, January 16, 2024_23h44m0s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks... I have already activated the option for use Graphic processor for improvements since when I had this problem, so I don't know what could be the problem. 
Today I re opened again my work and the preview of layers works again. So , who knows, maybe is the low memory ram after some hours to work with photoshop... I will try to see if it was this the case or because I did some other thing..

If someone knows also what could be this problem, please let us know again,

thank you again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines