• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 large collage using PSE 22

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make a large collage of about 18 family photos about 20x30 inches in PSE 22?  I think I would try to somehow set an image size of 20x30 inches.  Then keep adding layers in various positions to create the collage?

My ultimate goal is to order a 20x30 inch canvas print using the final collage jpeg image.

Thanks for your assistance

Bob N

TOPICS
Actions , Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be the way to do it.  But, you may also want to find out the requirements of the printing service. For example, they may want a specific size, format and resolution. Also, consider what background and/or borders you want around the individual images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just one way, using simple shapes.  Set your canvas up to 20 x 300 inches at 300 dpi- then get started making the shapes.  If all your shapes are the same size:  make one row only, group it, duplicate that row twice to come up with 18 shapes.

2023-01-05_042453.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn;
Thanks very much for the suggestion using shapes.
I haven't been successful though. I import a photo and then set up a 20x30 inch canvas around it. I then tried selecting and moving a shape onto the canvas. However, once I accept the shape on the canvas its invisible so I cant see it to insert a photo.

Also I was wondering do I only select the black filled shapes to use for photos?

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the shapes can be any color you choose.  They are place holders when used as a clipping mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines