• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to install Photoshop Elements / Premiere Elements 2019 on Windows 11

Update required

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system

Any ideas?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Figured it out from other postings.

You need to install Adobe Creative Cloud first.

Adobe Creative Cloud download

Once you install the cloud desktop, proceed with your Elements install.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me! Won't install on Windows 11 public release. Tryed all compatability modes and updates don't exist (yet).

Install message...

elements-error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out from other postings.

You need to install Adobe Creative Cloud first.

Adobe Creative Cloud download

Once you install the cloud desktop, proceed with your Elements install.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just install it, and forget about it. You won't get hit with with any subscriptions-- that's urban legend.

Just install the creeative cloud for desktop, and forget about it.  Once it's installed go ahead and install youe PSE product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to help a friend to install Photoshop Elements 2019 on Windows 11.  He installed Adobe Creative Cloud first and tried to install PE 2019 but was unable to install the program.  It didn't work for him.  What excatly did you do to get it to work?  Anyone with more details please help.  I love Adobe programs.  I wish that Adobe would support Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was signed into Adobe Cloud as I recall then installed Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your friend have Elements 2019 first registered in their account at Adobe where it stores the key code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes he has.  Thanks for asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He signed into Creative Cloud and tried to install PE 2019  and got the same error message.  I had PE 2015 and upgraded to PE 2021 and it was worth it.  2021 has more new features and I am using Windows 10 and sticking with it.  Scott Kelby book "The Photoshop Elements 2020 Book for Digital Photographers" is a great book to mastering the Camera Raw editor in PE 2021 and earlier editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Glenn that worked great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it but all the CC installs were like a 14 day trial.   I gave up and installed Elements 2010 which installed no prob and at least I had something to work with, but it sucked compared to 2020

Today I found this thread, downloaded the CC, installed it tried it again and it worked!!  Wow, I am so happy and now I can get back to work!  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - downloaded creative cloud and then installed PSE 2019 and it finally installed and worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked with me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already paid for PSE 2021 (and many others before this) - and was considing upgrading to 2022. I have the trial and it keeps crashing, as well as the 2021 crashing in various different times during the process of opening and image, editing or saving it... which makes me very hesitant to purchase any abobe.

Is it true you have pay monthly for the Creative Cloud in order to use PSE or any Photoshops? It was part of my package but appears not to be available anymore. Need help to understand.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works Great Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop element 2022, work this programma with Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run PSE 2020 and has just upgraded from Windows10 to 11 without any problems. It works just as well in Win11 as it did on Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear of some positive results...

I have windows 11 and Photoshop Elements 2021 and trial of 2022 work hit or miss and crash in the midst of editing, saving and opening ... and my system is updated.

What else can I do to get it smoothly working without changing the whole structure of my computer?

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  PSE and PE are not included in CC.  So that answer is bad advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know that PSE and PE are not included in CC but the answer is not bad advice.

Adobe have made programming changes in the PSE and PE installer which seem to require CC desktop app to be installed even though that CC desktop app has nothing to do with PSE and PE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know!  It seems there is always just a little bit more to the story in cases like this.  So, based on what you are saying, maybe I had to install CC either way.  But I will say that is was definitely not the sole solution.  It appeared to make no difference at all. What did work was installing trial versions of PSE and PE 2022, then installing my licensed 2019 versions, and then uninstalling both 2022 versions.  Long way around the bush, but after 6 months of failures, that's the solution that finally worked for me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe I had to install CC either way.

The Creative Cloud desktop app, yes.

that's the solution that finally worked for me.

Glad you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10.  I installed Creative Cloud and installed PSE22. 

On Windows 10 PSE22 worked abit, but not for long.  Eventually PSElements22 would not open PhotoEditor... which obviously is a problem.  I read some of these threads... suggesting to tweak the APPs permissions.... only to find that permissions I was being told to adjust... did not exist... that option did not exist. 

So i decided to upgrade to Windows 11, uninstall all PSE22, and reinstall them via Creative Cloud.  I only downloaded and installed PhotoShop Elements 2022... same exact problem... Photo Editor will not open... is processes as it if it trying to open.. but eventually just quits... and i am back to square one.

Advice?  This is kind of a disgrace... obviously I checked to make sure i was buying the correct product, had the correct system requirememnts... and I am just going in circles.  Clearly there are bugs in PSE2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines